Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.04 Release

Yeah, definitely still prefer the Blue over the Red. The Red is way more saturated and "mushy". Probably better for a lead tone.
Yeah, they voice red channels on the 5150 III amps for leads in a similar way to the Bogner Ecstasy amps (darker, more saturated/compressed). The added compression makes lead playing a little more comfy/forgiving. This isn't to say you can't use those red channels for rhythm, of course, but it may require more tweaking to balance out the saturation and "mushy" wooliness in low mids (i.e. use less gain and/or brighten up the EQ a little).

The midi scene block seems to default all scenes to the latest change. So I can no longer send unique commands via each scene in a preset, they default to the same for all. The was a problem at least since 23.02, just updated to 23.04, same issue.

I use it to send midi commands to a powercab212+ for cab model changes between scenes.

Did the amp triode updates reduce the gain in some models (in particular the Matchless and Rocket Wrecker)? There seems to be more punch and dynamics, but saturation also seems a little lower, almost like there is a new lower default for input trim.

I'm experiencing something weird since updating from 23.02 to 23.04. I have midi controlling my Axe FX III via Logic for backtrack sessions and every time I hit play/pause or use the arrow keys in my session to move measures my Axe FX emits a click tone that clips out of my stereo Output 2. This happens when changing presets during the song as well. Scene changes within presets don't set off the tone. Is there a way of reverting back to 23.02? I have a show coming up where this will be extremely problematic and don't want to take any chance of these clicks happening during the performance. Thanks!

if i am not wrong there was a 50w blue stealth in the beta? but i can only find 100w stealths in this update ? anything i am missing?

Back
Top Bottom