Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.02 Release

The Copy Input/Output settings are supposed to be overridden by the presence of the block in the preset.

I believe someone else mentioned a similar issue somewhere in the beta threads...
Agreed. It wasn't behaving as it should with that setting on. Here's a screen shot of the preset. It's possible I suppose that the sertting was ON all along but no longer being defeated by the block in the preset. I can't say for certain. I haven't made changes to the audio settings screen in who knows how long. Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 11.53.30 PM.png

I had a successful update on an Axe III MK II from 23.00 to 23.02. I don't have many CPU demanding presets, but on the one I tested, it seems to have stabilized the CPU issue. On 23.00 that patch was fluctuating between 83-87% and giving me warning signs. On 23.01 it was giving me a constant 81% with no CPU warning.

Thank you for the significant improvements
Now the difference with FW 22.01 is about 3-4% more and this perfect considered the new features.
Gapless increases about 1%
My only concerns is the impact on FM9 or FM3 of these firmware if the compatibility will be guaranteed
3% more on FX3 should be 6% on FM3.
Maybe should be nice to have a "light" version for people who don't need new features.
Thank you for your big effort 🙏🏻

Regained CPU headroom, and the 3-4% meander/drift has been reduced back down to +-1%.

Amazing product support. The world could use more of this kind of attention to detail.

Kudos...!!!....and thanks.

If you're still at 91% with 23.02, you've got too much stuff in your preset. In the little bit that shows in your screenshot, I see two shunts, a pitch block, an IN 2 block, and IN USB block and a few cables that are not even passing audio. Blocks count towards CPU usage whether they are bypassed or not, so remove stuff that is not used in the preset.
this is the preset. wah and pitch block are not connected because I had not connected fc12. but you can see the cpu difference... from 74%(fw21.02 and fw22) to 96%(fw23.00) or 91%(fw23.02) is big difference…

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 187
this is the preset. wah and pitch block are not connected because I had not connected fc12. but you can see the cpu difference... from 74%(fw21.02 and fw22) to 96%(fw23.00) or 91%(fw23.02) is big difference…
Post the preset and I will take a look at it. The CPU usage shouldn't have increased that much.

I've also confirmed that RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS sets all Output : Copy settings to "OFF"
Hi Matt,

When I went to FW 23.02 the Output 3 block being present in the preset DID NOT override the setting for Output 3 so everything in front of the OUTPUT 3 block in my preset was not being heard. Changing the Copy Input 1 setting to off for Output 3 solved the problem but it sounds like its still a bug in 23.02 since it was 23.02 I experienced this in?

I really can't say with certainty that the setting was OFF prior to the FW upgrade to 23.02 or that it had been ON all along and I just never noticed because of how my presets were set up. I did not have a need (as far as I knew) to perform a RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS so I did not go through that process. In this rig I'm still using a RJM Mastermind and my assumption is that would reset settings I need for that piece of gear to work with the III properly. Been a while though so I may be incorrect.

1700147365785.png

I just noticed that “spillover” no longer seems to be working for me when gapless is turned on. When I set the spillover setting to any of the options, spillover of reverb, delay, or any other effect is not occurring when I switch scenes using gapless switching. Is that the way it now works when gapless switching is turned on?

UPDATE!

There is no spillover issue. The bypass mode of several effects was set incorrectly to enable spillover in four of my presets. It was human error…not a bug that caused my problem.

Last edited:
I just noticed that “spillover” no longer seems to be working for me when gapless is turned on. When I set the spillover setting to any of the options, spillover of reverb, delay, or any other effect is not occurring when I switch scenes using gapless switching. Is that the way it now works when gapless switching is turned on?
The global Spillover setting only affects clearing of buffers during preset changes. I'm not noticing any cases of Gapless = On preventing effect trails within a preset, if set up to work with Gapless off. It might be good to post a preset or recording of what's happening.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-23-02-release.199440/post-2484211

The ones linked were Copy Output but this one is Copy Input.

Maybe not included in previous fix?
Yes, adding the Output 3 and Output 4 blocks fails to override the "Copy Input 1" option (if ON) for those outputs using 23.02. Similar issue as what happened with Copy Out 1 to 2, but not yet fixed.

Back
Top Bottom