Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.02 Release

I always take the "Satan's Hollow" preset (177) and add 2 FullRes cabs (L&R) when I test out new firmware. It was just an easy way of comparing the new CPU usage to old. That modded preset has always been just under the CPU limit for my Turbo AF3. So I was bummed when 23.00 bumped it in to the red.
But FW 23.02 definitely brought it back down (75.7% CPU) with Gapless On.

Edit: Meant FullRes not UltraRes

Last edited:
magic box
Such magic boxes should come with appropriate magical warnings:
  • Don't get on the bad side of the wizard/warlock/witch who enchanted it
  • Follow the box's magical incantations and spells precisely (e.g. install)
  • If the box has a perceived "demon" inhabiting/inhibiting its operation, document it and follow the established reporting protocols
  • Don't be a self-entitled acolyte, whining and expecting everything while doing nothing, or dark magic may descend upon you

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I no longer see the previous list of snapshots for some presets I saved. They are in the actual snapshots folder, but each snapshot isn't available in Axe Edit 1.13.08 as loadable. Is this normal?

Such magic boxes should come with appropriate magical warnings:
  • Don't get on the bad side of the wizard/warlock/witch who enchanted it
  • Follow the box's magical incantations and spells precisely (e.g. install)
  • If the box has a perceived "demon" inhabiting/inhibiting its operation, document it and follow the established reporting protocols
  • Don't be a self-entitled acolyte, whining and expecting everything while doing nothing, or dark magic may descend upon you
So mote it be....

I installed fw 23.02, the cpu dropped from 96% to 91% and I deleted the preset that was causing me problems

If you're still at 91% with 23.02, you've got too much stuff in your preset. In the little bit that shows in your screenshot, I see two shunts, a pitch block, an IN 2 block, and IN USB block and a few cables that are not even passing audio. Blocks count towards CPU usage whether they are bypassed or not, so remove stuff that is not used in the preset.

"Mostly?"
I was able to fix the issue.... but for me it evolved reprograming my FC12 and a couple of Global settings like "Bring tuner up when volume pedal is on heel position" and "Axe FX logo light off" etc...
restart unit holding "Edit" button down.... after this is done the unit will work perfectly if you select a factory preset... BUT!! Do not select your custom preset (which is probably fancy and tasking on the CPU as mine" because this will make your unit go back to frozen.
Instead... open Fractal bot and use it to reinstall Firmware 22.01 which is still available on the "Downloads" tab on the Fractal website.
Once you are back to Firmware 22.01 you can now select your custom presets and everything works smoothly as before.
.... But you now have to fine tune global things here and there and reassign footswitch functions.

Last edited:
Updating right now to 23.02 and see this in Fractal Bot - may just need to be updated - says 23.01. I just dragged the 23.02 syx to Fractal Bot
that resides in Axe Edit.
View attachment 129739
Yes I got that also - let it load shut off Axe when it tells you to - then download and install new Axeedit just released

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-iii-1-13-08.199435/

Install this then refresh after new firmware - should be good to go

I never drag an update file into fractalbot - I always browse to the file I dont trust doing it that way - Ive had problems in the past doing it that way - all set doing it that way

Ive been loading a blank preset - just to be sure all goes well

Last edited:
Yes I got that also - let it load shut off Axe when it tells you to - then download and install new Axeedit just released

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-iii-1-13-08.199435/

Install this then refresh after new firmware - should be good to go

Ive been loading a blank preset - just to be sure all goes well

Cool, everything worked ok, just thought it was maybe a small update someone had to make on the admin side. I did not catch that there was a new Axe Edit out though, so thanks for letting me know!

Cool, everything worked ok, just thought it was maybe a small update someone had to make on the admin side. I did not catch that there was a new Axe Edit out though, so thanks for letting me know!
My pleasure Brian I found it a bit odd also when that screen didnt match up with the firmware version from this thread :)

Sold my FC-12 as I just didnt use it much so I cant comment on that side of things

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I no longer see the previous list of snapshots for some presets I saved. They are in the actual snapshots folder, but each snapshot isn't available in Axe Edit 1.13.08 as loadable. Is this normal?
Yes, the list is cleared every time you exit Axe-Edit. As you noted, however, they are still on the drive for your use.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. When I updated to 23.02 tonight from 22.01, the audio setting for Output 3 to Copy Input 1 was set to ON after the update had completed. For me this was a problem because I'm running 4CM using I/O 3 so none of the blocks feeding into the output 3 block were being heard. Easy fix. Just had to flip it back to OFF but it had me scratching my head me for a bit.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. When I updated to 23.02 tonight from 22.01, the audio setting for Output 3 to Copy Input 1 was set to ON after the update had completed. For me this was a problem because I'm running 4CM using I/O 3 so none of the blocks feeding into the output 3 block were being heard. Easy fix. Just had to flip it back to OFF but it had me scratching my head me for a bit.
The Copy Input/Output settings are supposed to be overridden by the presence of the block in the preset.

I believe someone else mentioned a similar issue somewhere in the beta threads...

Back
Top Bottom