Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.02 Release

Hello. I also have a problem with axe fx 3 mk2 turbo, after installing fw23 it simply freezes and does not respond to any command. I suspect that the problem is from my presets, which before the fw 23 had cpu 75%-77%. now they have increased to 96%-97%... on the 23fw beta versions I didn't have this problem...

Be sure you are using the correct file. In my tests 23.02 has even lower CPU usage than 22.xx.

Don't know what to do.... my AXE FX3 broke down when I updated the firmware.
screen is frozen and Axe edit does not communicate with it so I cannot use fractal bot to go back to previous firmware.
BTW: I did everything right.. its not the first time I update firmware.

I need help :(

Last edited:
Don't know what to do.... my AXE FX3 broke down when I updated the firmware.
screen is frozen and Axe edit does not communicate with it so I cannot use fractal bot to go back to previous firmware.
BTW: I did everything right.. its not the first time I update firmware.

I need help :(
Contact support directly, they'll help.

Hello. I also have a problem with axe fx 3 mk2 turbo, after installing fw23 it simply freezes and does not respond to any command. I suspect that the problem is from my presets, which before the fw 23 had cpu 75%-77%. now they have increased to 96%-97%... on the 23fw beta versions I didn't have this problem...

I have exactly the same issue.... where you able to find a solution?

Don't get me wrong.. FAS is amazing.. I can't believe we are able to see updates this quickly.. there's no company that does this..

I keep asking Soundcraft/Harmann to tell me when the Ui 3.5 update is going to come out and it's crickets.. AND, I have a firmware version on my unit that isn't on their website, and they won't give it to me.. telling me it must be an internal firmware version for the newer unit and that "everyone will get version 3.5 when it comes out..."

FAS, you really set a high bar and it's appreciated

I had a similar problem, 2 presets that were not far from the limit (blade runner factory preset) had warning message after the update, and I was unable to clear or modify the preset and the axe was freezing. I just deleted some blocks to limit the CPU usage , and then cleared the preset, problem solved

If still happening on 23.02, post the preset!

EDIT: If frozen in 23.02:
  1. Do a recovery boot as shown below
  2. Install a previous FW that present doesn't have the issue
  3. Save 'problem" preset to computer (using AE or FractalBot)
  4. Upload preset to this thread

Last edited:
When you have a particular preset that spikes the CPU and crashes the system, you can recover to an empty preset:

https://support.fractalaudio.com/en-US/recovery-routines-286533

PROBLEMS WITH A SINGLE PRESET​

If your unit will not boot normally, the problem may just be the current preset. You can force the unit to load an empty initialized preset as follows:

1. Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
  2. Power on holding HOME until the boot-up progress bar first appears.
  3. The unit will boot with an empty initialized preset in location "000". You can STORE this to any other location to overwrite a problematic preset.

Don't get me wrong.. FAS is amazing.. I can't believe we are able to see updates this quickly.. there's no company that does this..

I keep asking Soundcraft/Harmann to tell me when the Ui 3.5 update is going to come out and it's crickets.. AND, I have a firmware version on my unit that isn't on their website, and they won't give it to me.. telling me it must be an internal firmware version for the newer unit and that "everyone will get version 3.5 when it comes out..."

FAS, you really set a high bar and it's appreciated
Same. I've been so happy with tones in this magic box, I wouldn't care if there were no more updates at this point. (But I still like new stuff :D )

Back
Top Bottom