Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fluctuations in CPU usage are normal and it has always been this way. Instruction cache hits/misses cause the amount of time to process the grid to vary each iteration.
Fair enough.....blood from a stone and all.
I did roll back however to confirm the swing/drift on CPU usage. Was never more than maybe +-1%....now up to 4% (with gapless off).
Will rework presets to accommodate.
Thanks for the fantastic product and support.

Cheers

For everyone who is posting about problems or increased CPU, please post your presets. Cliff actually does look at these, and if enough people actually post, there is a chance to see if there's any sort of problem in the firmware or if it's necessary to to edit all presets that were CPU hungry before. Even if you don't want to post your presets publicly, you can still send them to Fractal for analysis. Thank you to those who have posted.

A main purpose of these firmware threads is to root out problems, but there's slimmer chance of that happening with descriptions only.

I'm seeing the CPU warning light come on with this version when I didn't see that before. Here's an example preset.

Version 23.00b6: 78-81 CPU%
Version 23.00: 81-84 CPU%

Gapless switching is turned off. Turning gapless switching on with 23.00 pushes it into the CPU Warning, but with 23.00b6 it does not. The CPU meters on the front panel and Axe-Edit show the same value.

Attachments

• Stricken.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
Post an example preset.
Not near the unit right now. Will post later. It also exhibits this
behavior with other presets at much lower CPU.
It may have always fluctuated a bit before, just seems like a greater
range swing than I remember.

Thanks

Last edited:
Post an example preset.

Here is a simple Preset:
  • Scene 1 Phaser with Step Quantisize,
  • Scene 2 Flanger with Step Quantisize
  • Scene 3 Filter - Filterfreq with ext. LFO1 modulated, Step Quantisize enabled,
but in all this Scenes Quantisize in the modulation isn't audible!

Attachments

• No StepQuantisation.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
With regard to cpu usage, here is a screenshot of one of my preset templates. I have gapless on as well.

I don't have any cpu issues om my FXIII Turbo. Not really sure what I'm doing different.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 102403.png

It seems to me that we should expect CPU usage to go up, as realism goes up. This is a trade-off. I create complex presets which push my non-turbo unit as well, and I haven't installed any of the betas or this new release yet, because I haven't been playing.

The upside is, that if I can create presets and utilize gapless preset changes, perhaps i don't need a kitchen sink preset. If my needs to have a very wide variety of sounds in one song is so great - I can have several presets to cover the song.

With Axe Edit III 1.13.03 and FW 22.01, if I use Tools->Fractal Bot, and it detects and downloads FW 23.00, it seems to freeze when hitting the "Begin" button to start the firmware update. Empty preset 708 selected at the time.
Force closed the software, tried again, and it happened a second time too.
I usually close Axe Edit and just use Fractal Bot so I will try that, but thought I should mentioned the behavior I noticed.

With Axe Edit III 1.13.03 and FW 22.01, if I use Tools->Fractal Bot, and it detects and downloads FW 23.00, it seems to freeze when hitting the "Begin" button to start the firmware update. Empty preset 708 selected at the time.
Force closed the software, tried again, and it happened a second time too.
I usually close Axe Edit and just use Fractal Bot so I will try that, but thought I should mentioned the behavior I noticed.
Same situation for me so I loaded the stand alone Fractal-Bot and the update proceeded successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom