Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's partly because of the reverbs, they seem to be more dsp hungry than before? Or maybe it's something else and I'm just imagining things 😅

potential Bug?:
I'm not able to get "Stepped Flanger/Phaser" Sounds anymore - or do i something wrong?
Like in the Manual:

"LFO Quantize – This control allows “stepped” effects in which the smooth shape of the LFO is transformed into
a series of flat stages similar to those heard when a “sample and hold” technique is used."

Maybe it has to do with the new LFO algo?

I'm totaly blown away with the overal sound and possibilities with this new release - a 1000 Thanks!

FractalBot said that there were two files to update. I updated the firmware one first, works...but I clicked away before updating the DynaCabs file and now I can't seem to find how to get back to update that file...any help would be great! :-/

potential Bug?:
I'm not able to get "Stepped Flanger/Phaser" Sounds anymore - or do i something wrong?
Like in the Manual:

"LFO Quantize – This control allows “stepped” effects in which the smooth shape of the LFO is transformed into
a series of flat stages similar to those heard when a “sample and hold” technique is used."

Maybe it has to do with the new LFO algo?

I'm totaly blown away with the overal sound and possibilities with this new release - a 1000 Thanks!
Post an example preset.

After installing FW 23.0 (released), my CPU went up about 2-3% into the
warning zone on my standard preset, which is usually around 78%.
I removed a few things and brought it down to around 66%, but the CPU meter
is dancing around like crazy. Constantly jumping from 66% to around 70%.
It never did this before. Anyone else noticing this?

BTW, I was running all the 23.0 betas before this behavior started.
Post an example preset.

@FractalAudio any insights into the tape delay/chorus/flanger improvements? Or is it;

images

Post an example preset.
Hello....here a preset of mine that is doing the same things as bchulse and Marco have mentioned.

In addition ti the 3% increase with v23 Release I get a +3-4% CPU% swing (no steady state). See my post #79.

Preset below. Gapless OFF.

Thanks

Attachments

• PRS_Mstr_V9_Redux.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
Does Axe-Edit III 1.13.06 work with the Firmware 23 Release or is an update to it needed? Thanks to Cliff and the entire team…you are all amazing!

Last edited:
Hello....here a preset of mine that is doing the same things as bchulse and Marco have mentioned.

In addition ti the 3% increase with v23 Release I get a +3-4% CPU% swing (no steady state). See my post #79.

Preset below. Gapless OFF.

Thanks
Fluctuations in CPU usage are normal and it has always been this way. Instruction cache hits/misses cause the amount of time to process the grid to vary each iteration.

Educate, please: are there potential negative side effects to selecting "Gapless Changes" that would make me want to turn it off?
In one of the betas, I had some significant stutter when changing presets. It might have to do with the FC12 having both a tap and a hold function assigned? I turned gapless off, because the improvement was not worth artifacts to me. I then reprogrammed my FC12 to not use hold functions on the same buttons as preset and scene changes.

I just retested it by adding some dual functions to some buttons, and the difference in timing between gapless on and off is tiny now.

I'm also seeing a big impact on CPU usage, even with everything updated/refreshed + Gapless turned off.Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 9.20.41 AM.jpg

Attachments

• DC-30 + AC20 {Lester}.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom