Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Release Candidate (Beta #6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola,

I've Downloaded the above firmware. Used Fractal bot send to Axe FX 3, turned Axe 3 off and on, and refreshed the Axe Edit after new firmware.

I'm still not seeing the "drip" knob, or tank type in any of the spring verbs. :(

Is there a step I'm missing?
Did you also update the editor?

Hola,

I've Downloaded the above firmware. Used Fractal bot send to Axe FX 3, turned Axe 3 off and on, and refreshed the Axe Edit after new firmware.

I'm still not seeing the "drip" knob, or tank type in any of the spring verbs. :(

Is there a step I'm missing?

It won’t show up unless you install the updated Axe Edit. Otherwise, only accessible from front panel.

Ladies and Djentlemen, we have Drip! Thank you folks!

Thought I was updated (1.13.03), but alas I didn't dig into the forum! Is it the ritual to update Axe edit for every Firmware release?

Ladies and Djentlemen, we have Drip! Thank you folks!

Thought I was updated (1.13.03), but alas I didn't dig into the forum! Is it the ritual to update Axe edit for every Firmware release?
You mean every beta release like these?
I don't have tons of playing time, don't want to spend it adjusting for changes that aren't going to be the same in the final release.
Some folks do, some don't.
I very much appreciate the folks who do that though, they smooth the way for us all.

Is it the ritual to update Axe edit for every Firmware release?
No, only when Edit updates. We can get multiple firmware releases that only cause internal changes without affecting the interface. The editor has to be modified when they add new parameters otherwise it has no idea what to do with that information.

It’s also a good idea to refresh the settings after loading a new version of the firmware, whether it’s a beta or a full release.

Does anyone else collect Firmware zip files in a folder like baseball cards? asking for a friend.
I see my friend is doing it lol. Literaly this morning he (read "I") deleted all betas he (I) had. Still have all normal releasess from 20.00 when I bought my Axe FX III last year :laughing:

Very nice @FractalAudio! Preset and scene changes are smooth and I don't hear any glitch or gap when switching.

The reverb is much nicer too. I'm working through some of my presets checking them out, and liking what I hear.

Thanks for all your hard work, the firmware sounds great, and it's amazing how it the sound quality keeps improving using the same hardware base. So very cool! I'm currently messing with an ODS-100 preset with a Strat with late 50s-type pickups, and it sounds really good through the headphones, so I'm looking forward to being able to plug in and turn it up through the speakers.

I'm seeing odd behavior copying Out 1 to 2. Edit initially showed that Out 2 was sending signal though I wasn't playing anything and changing the copy assignment didn't change the display. I quit and restarted Edit without a change, then cycled the power on the FX3, and it cleared, but now, when copy Out 1 to 2 is enabled the tool doesn't show any output. Further digging makes me think that Out 2's ports aren't getting a signal because adding an Out 2 block to the preset tapped into the same spot as Out 1 shows output in the tool, but I get nothing when connecting to my mixer. Out 3 is audible and using two different XLR cables for Out 2 didn't fix it, so it seems like it's the FX3.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 3.20.28 PM.png

Last edited:
Very nice @FractalAudio! Preset and scene changes are smooth and I don't hear any glitch or gap when switching.

The reverb is much nicer too. I'm working through some of my presets checking them out, and liking what I hear.

Thanks for all your hard work, the firmware sounds great, and it's amazing how it the sound quality keeps improving using the same hardware base. So very cool! I'm currently messing with an ODS-100 preset with a Strat with late 50s-type pickups, and it sounds really good through the headphones, so I'm looking forward to being able to plug in and turn it up through the speakers.

I'm seeing a problem in the preset leveling tool for Output 2. Even with no signal Output 2 shows output at -16dB that doesn't change whether copy Out 1 to 2 is enabled or disabled or when playing. This is happening with multiple presets, including factory presets.

View attachment 129158
is that on hardware too? latest axe-edit?

i use 3 output blocks in the preset i tested yesterday, and i didn't see any weird behavior with Out 2 like that.

if you put an Out 2 block and connect it, does that go away? just trying to narrow it down.

I'm seeing odd behavior copying Out 1 to 2. Edit initially showed that Out 2 was sending signal though I wasn't playing anything and changing the assignment didn't change the display. I cycled the power on Edit without a change, then cycled it on the FX3, and it cleared, but now, when copy Out 1 to 2 is enabled the tool doesn't show any output.

View attachment 129158

Should this go to the Axe-Edit section? Either way, since long before this firmware and Axe-Edit version, if I have one preset with an output 2 block and went to another preset that did not have an output 2 block while playing something through that block, the preset leveler would freeze the output 2 meter in its last state. I never really cared. I'm wondering if that's the context in which it happened to you?

if I have one preset with an output 2 block and went to another preset that did not have an output 2 block while playing something through that block, the preset leveler would freeze the output 2 meter in its last state
Yes, this causes it and it will happen with Output 1 as well.

Meters page on hardware has no issues, and obviously the meters in an output block can't be viewed on the hardware if the block isn't in the grid.

is that on hardware too? latest axe-edit?

i use 3 output blocks in the preset i tested yesterday, and i didn't see any weird behavior with Out 2 like that.

if you put an Out 2 block and connect it, does that go away? just trying to narrow it down.
I did more testing.

Summarizing, Out 3 works. Adding an Out 2 block shows output in the Leveling Tool but I get nothing from the actual ports.

I guess it could be a jumper to those XLR outputs. Maybe I'll have to open it up and see how it's wired.

Should this go to the Axe-Edit section?
I don't think so, Edit appears to be innocent, it's just the messenger. :)

Either way, since long before this firmware and Axe-Edit version, if I have one preset with an output 2 block and went to another preset that did not have an output 2 block while playing something through that block, the preset leveler would freeze the output 2 meter in its last state. I never really cared. I'm wondering if that's the context in which it happened to you?
Not really. My preset doesn't have an Out 2 block, I rely on using the global Copy 1 to 2. And I duplicated the problem with the first factory preset which doesn't have one either. And Edit cleared up after rebooting the FX3, but now I don't have output on 2. Sigh.

Adding an Out 2 block shows output in the Leveling Tool but I get nothing from the actual ports.
Oh yeah, this problem I commented on when beta 2 was out last week. Adding an Output 2 block no longer overrides the Copy Out 1 function. The leveling tool and meters in the Out 2 block will show the final output level that would go to Out 2 if the override still worked correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom