Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been fixed for the next release. Gapless changes weren't working correctly when using an FC or a switch due to a task priority issue.
I'm getting them when changing Scenes or Channels from Axe-Edit and from the front panel, with the editor paused. The channel switching is really fast though.

Here is a quick preset with a Synth block, a Flanger, a Delay, and an Output 1 block. Try going between various scene combinations.

Attachments

• Gapless test 23.00 b2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
I'm getting them when changing Scenes or Channels from Axe-Edit and from the front panel, with the editor paused. The channel switching is really fast though.

Here is a quick preset with a Synth block, a Flanger, a Delay, and an Output 1 block. Try going between various scene combinations.
You're getting what? A brief dip when changing scenes is to be expected.

Just played with beta 2 for 3 hours. Loving the way the in-between sounds breakup on the Matchless, and how the drive pedals sound with it. Really awesome. I errantly posted that the delays weren't as prominent and that I was having to greatly turn up the mix and block volume to hear the repeats. I discovered why, and deleted my comment. But, just in case someone read it, the reason I was having this problem, was that I copied a kitchen sink preset into a new slot to begin programming today. And, that kitchen sink preset was last used and saved with a lot of attenuation on the delays! Oops! User error, big time.

It's sounding GREAT!!

PS - I use a Liquid Foot, so I'm not having any problems with switching/gaps - everything is awesome.

You're getting what? A brief dip when changing scenes is to be expected.
Even when no channels are changing? Didn't do that before the 'Gapless Switching' was introduced. Scenes 2 and 3 in my example are identical, but the brief dip is still there.

On previous firmware versions, I had worked hard to make sure that presets used Scene Controllers and Control Switches to make seamless parameter changes on various Scenes, avoiding switching channel as much as possible, as well as turning 'On' and 'Off' and/or switching channels on (previously) 'dip less' blocks, when it made sense.

Sorry for the negativity. I know that you work so friggin hard on this stuff. It's a tradeoff, but using the tools available, the gaps were completely avoidable before. Now, all scenes have dips in them with no apparent way to avoid it, so far?

Anyone else seeing this weird display issue in the cab block alignment page? It's only with DynaCabs that have any amount of smoothing & the IR length is set to max. It looks fine with any other IR length or with no smoothing applied. Front panel, no Axe Edit but it also does look this way in Axe Edit as well, v1.13.04. I didn't post a preset because it happened in every preset I tried.

DynaCab, no smoothing, max IR length.
IMG_6318.JPG

DynaCab, with smoothing, max IR length. It doesn't matter if all active IRs have smoothing or only 1. The IR with smoothing will look all flattened out like this.
IMG_6319.JPG

Anyone else seeing this weird display issue in the cab block alignment page? It's only with DynaCabs that have any amount of smoothing & the IR length is set to max. It looks fine with any other IR length or with no smoothing applied. Front panel, no Axe Edit but it also does look this way in Axe Edit as well, v1.13.04. I didn't post a preset because it happened in every preset I tried.

DynaCab, no smoothing, max IR length.
View attachment 128331

DynaCab, with smoothing, max IR length. It doesn't matter if all active IRs have smoothing or only 1. The IR with smoothing will look all flattened out like this.
View attachment 128332
That's been fixed for the next release.

The moment we can trigger a spring crash is the moment my SurfyBear goes up on Reverb. After I bought my AFIII, I sold every other amp/pedal/fx I had other than my SB Classic, due to the crash.
maybe trigger the "Booiiiiiinnnnng" setting to max and hit it with a quick synth pulse? thinking out loud. ha

maybe trigger the "Booiiiiiinnnnng" setting to max and hit it with a quick synth pulse? thinking out loud. ha
The challenge is to be able to trigger a short synth pulse once, and also at will (e.g. a button press or midi signal).

Might be possible with a sequencer "pulse" as a modifier to quickly turn on and then off pink noise or some other synth signal very briefly.

But @simeon @Bakerman @GlennO probably know if this is possible and ways to do it.

Even when no channels are changing? Didn't do that before the 'Gapless Switching' was introduced. Scenes 2 and 3 in my example are identical, but the brief dip is still there.

On previous firmware versions, I had worked hard to make sure that presets used Scene Controllers and Control Switches to make seamless parameter changes on various Scenes, avoiding switching channel as much as possible, as well as turning 'On' and 'Off' and/or switching channels on (previously) 'dip less' blocks, when it made sense.

Sorry for the negativity. I know that you work so friggin hard on this stuff. It's a tradeoff, but using the tools available, the gaps were completely avoidable before. Now, all scenes have dips in them with no apparent way to avoid it, so far?
Maybe this kind of issues could be avoided by putting the audio buffer in the blocks that actually need it instead of the output blocks? And/or use the one in the output blocks only for preset switching?

Surely that would require more memory though...

I hate to be that guy, but I'm still getting a quick bump when changing between identical scenes. Never used to happen. I get the same bump when changing channels of identical blocks. Some of which that were completely seamless before. I will test more block types to see if it happens on all blocks, or specific ones.

Same here. I copy a scene to another and there is a bump when switching scenes. Apparently nothing changed from beta #1.

possible bug. After tweaking the tone I'm saving it, switching to another preset, switching back and I hear much more spring effect than it was before. Reselect the reverb type and sound comes normal. Preset in attach, please look at REV2 block, channel A

Attachments

• PLEXI 2204.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
Possible bug. In beta2 when I switch Output 1 in mute (in setup-audio) it also mute usb out. Usually I prefer to listen thru the daw for equing and room simulation for headphones so I mute Out1.

I've tried do downgrade to beta1 and the normal behavior come back '.

AxeFx3 mk2 Turbo

EDIT. Just double checked, upgrade to beta2, problem come back.

Last edited:
I copied scene 1 to scene 2 and then switched the scenes a couple time after strumming the chord. FW23.00 beta #2 vs. FW22.01
I can definitely hear a bump in FW23.00 beta #2 whereas FW22.01 is absolutely smooth and nothing can be heard.

I've had my scenes configured so that it was an undetectable change, completely smooth. I only change amps on my clean scene and it always had a slight blip when switching to clean which I could live with. The only thing I have changing in scenes is a scene controller switching different amounts of gain on my drive pedal and then delay and reverb for lead and clean. I'm not complaining, just trying to let it be known and that it wasn't like this before and hopefully it can be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom