Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.01 Release

I don’t understand people who get butthurt by people who happen to enjoy speculating. Cliff is a big boy, and I don’t think he needs you to defend him or his company, but thanks mom. There’s a whole channel dedicated to Wish List items and many of those wishes have been granted, so in that regard, I believe ‘wants’ are welcomed here.
Sure, but speculating about the financial health of a company because they havent released a free update recently, on their own message board? That crosses a line imo. I guess that makes me butthurt. 🤷‍♂️

I just find it bothersome because it feels…. rude? I wouldn’t say any of that stuff to Cliff’s face.

Like, “so, Einstein, theory of relativity, great stuff! But, uh, it’s been a few weeks….. chop chop!”

But I get it. The updates so far have been so exciting, it’s like cluster-Christmas. This guy is incredible. Yes, I do visit regularly to see if there are any new ecliffanies. Yes, it is fun to chatter wondering what’s next. I just think it’s good manners to someone who we allegedly like to not nag or whine or speculate about personal stuff.

I just find it bothersome because it feels…. rude? I wouldn’t say any of that stuff to Cliff’s face.

Like, “so, Einstein, theory of relativity, great stuff! But, uh, it’s been a few weeks….. chop chop!”

But I get it. The updates so far have been so exciting, it’s like cluster-Christmas. This guy is incredible. Yes, I do visit regularly to see if there are any new ecliffanies. Yes, it is fun to chatter wondering what’s next. I just think it’s good manners to someone who we allegedly like to not nag or whine or speculate about personal stuff.
I hope that, whatever he is up to, he's enjoying it, whether it means new toys or not. Dude builds amazing stuff....

I blame Cliff....it's all his fault......he's the one that got everyone hooked.......View attachment 126891
The thing with FAS that they do differently is the allow PUBLIC beta
Other companies like Line6 NDSP don’t use this method , they don’t show or talk about what they are working on until release .
We have definitely become spoiled with this but it should not be expected everytime

Where is the problem? What updates are so desperately needed? Everything is there to be happy with the Ax FX3. I don't see any need at the moment. You can make excellent music with it for many years to come.

There's a concept of decorum that seems to have left the building with some folks.

There's also concept of logical thinking that has escaped some folks.

If FAS were in financial trouble, they would not have spent time and money developing the free dyna cabs interface and content. Based on past experience, like with Johnson Amplification and Ensoniq, communication, bug fixes, and development of anything just stops like everything is trapped in amber. Why? Because if you don't have money to spend to generate sales, then you have no money to spend on supporting the existing user base.

Freaking think critically people!

Secondly, being on a company hosted forum is like being invited over to someone's house as a guest. Just as you wouldn't leave a grumpy in the middle of the living room, it's just as good guest behavior not to make wild and untethered to reality conjecture about a company on their own forum.

It's just poor etiquette as well as logic defying based on the last update we received.

Where is the problem?
There's no problem - just healthy enthusiasm for what might come next.

What updates are so desperately needed?
I've not seen any references to desparate needs, but there's always something on the burner, and a wishlist which are positive things for any product.

I don't see any need at the moment.
Great for you, since updates are not mandatory - others enjoy the ongoing evolution - live and let live.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom