Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.01 Release

That’s one thing that I find slightly irritating, that the channels aren’t grouped as a single model, representing what it would be like to use the amp IRL. I know that they all have different eq curves, controls, and switches, but technically it is still a single box. Same goes with number of models, it’s slightly misleading because I think most of us are interested in the number of amps, not number of amp channels. Lastly, I think it would also be more convenient, to just pull up an amp and have all the channels on tap, instead of using channels and scenes. Just MHO.

Last edited:
That’s one thing that I find slightly irritating, that the channels aren’t grouped as a single model, representing what it would be like to use the amp IRL. I know that they all have different eq curves, controls, and switches, but technically it is still a single box. Same goes with number of models, it’s slightly misleading because I think most of us are interested in the number of amps, not number of amp channels. Lastly, I think it would also be more convenient, to just pull up an amp and have all the channels on tap, instead of using channels and scenes. Just MHO.

I was trying to find the post, but Cliff wrote recently that it's not something he could introduce with the way the Axe-FX III is designed; maybe a future version.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/mark-iic-amp-and-its-many-pull-knobs.192339/post-2392004

I agree, it would be cool and convenient to have the models as 'complete' amps. If it were to happen though, you would get guys complaining about the 'wasted' CPU when they only want to use one channel of a multi channel amp.

All my presets' amp block speaker impedence curve unselected and dyna cab selected as default. Am I missing something. It would be nice to select either one globally. I play with matrix pa and real speakers so it was kind of unhandy.

All my presets' amp block speaker impedence curve unselected and dyna cab selected as default. Am I missing something. It would be nice to select either one globally. I play with matrix pa and real speakers so it was kind of unhandy.

I believe if you Shift + Right-Click that parameter in Axe-Edit you can reset your selection across many presets.

My approach to this is was to create saved blocks with the amp channels assembled to form a complete amp (or as close as possible).

Now instead of selecting the individual amps when setting up, I just load a pre-configured saved block (or blocks) for a complete amp and switch out anything if need be.

Something doesn't make sense. Dyna-Cabs are not automatic and loading the firmware doesn't change presets.

Thinking about it and your setup, I'm guessing you have no Cab block?

The Amp block was updated and has the option to enable auto Speaker Impedance Curve when Dyna-Cabs are being used.

I believe it defaults to ON.

In the case there is no Cab block then there should be nothing to drive the auto SIC selection.

Can you post some screenshots showing what you are referring to?

Maybe rolling back to previous firmware and compare?

It's a trade-off. It easier to model a single channel amp because you don't need a bunch of switching parameters inside your amp model engaging and disengaging different chunks of circut in unique ways.

So Fractal models everything as a single channel amp, and has added a huge number of the possible things a single channel amp could tweak as ideal or advanced amp paramemters to the model. This let's them more quickly create new amp models since they don't need to do a bunch of custom work for specialized controls and channel switching. This is why certain mode switches (like the Mark IIC+'s lead bright switch which isn't a traditional bright switch) are just imeplemented as different models rather than having to custom code a switch for it plus the UI to display it.

They could start custom coding the channels and special modes and bespoke UI for each amp but it would slow down the process quite a bit. And exposing all the advanced parameters for these one-off models would also be more work. There's a reason certain competitors have fewer advanced paramemters but can add a specialized revv aggression switch to their model, but also only release a couple new amp models a year. And even some of them still split the clean channel because it's usually a 90% separate audio path and they don't need to simulate all the gain circuitry that isn't being used.

Thinking about it and your setup, I'm guessing you have no Cab block?
Thats right. Im using 4x12 Mesa Cab and "4x12 Recto Straight " Speaker Imp. Curve selected under speaker tab in 90 percent of my presets. They might have have cab block but cabinet modeling is bypassed globally. After the firmware update, Auto Dyna-Cab Imp is selected on and speaker Imp. curve was disengaged. (since you can select either one). Same way with the presets that doesnt have any cab block.

Thats right. Im using 4x12 Mesa Cab and "4x12 Recto Straight " Speaker Imp. Curve selected under speaker tab in 90 percent of my presets. They might have have cab block but cabinet modeling is bypassed globally. After the firmware update, Auto Dyna-Cab Imp is selected on and speaker Imp. curve was disengaged. (since you can select either one). Same way with the presets that doesnt have any cab block.
If there's a Cab block then it makes sense regardless of Cabinet Modeling on or off, but it there's no Cab block it definitely seems wrong...

Back
Top Bottom