Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Release

REVV purple 2 is my new best friend. Dynacab Recto Straight with a condenser, and a Recto Slant with a Ribbon and WOW.

Plugged the amp into my existing main chain and damn, that low end grunt without being overly woofs without needing a “808” to tighten up.

Bliss!
+1 - Interesting how lots are finding the recto straight / slant to be a sweet spot for the Revv models - I like it with a SLO cab, but I LOVE it with the recto cabs.

The Revv seems to be one of those that makes me feel like I'm playing better - just set it stock and go - no tweaks, just smiles - Revv replaces JP2C in my hi-gain patch (sorry Mr Mud).

You owned or tried one for real?
I don’t know if I will try one day, I never saw one. Here it is 3600 euros 🤦 (3900 dollars approx)

That’s cool to see all this enthusiasm with a high gain amp! Badlander next? 😁
I've got a MK2 100R and can confirm this. They're really well voiced and you generally don't need to move the knobs much past noon in either direction. They're not really amps you want to run anything on 10 or 0, things start to flub out or sound weird.

And if you want a Badlander, just put an 808 in front of the Recto1. That's all the Badlander is :lol:

+1 - Interesting how lots are finding the recto straight / slant to be a sweet spot for the Revv models - I like it with a SLO cab, but I LOVE it with the recto cabs.

The Revv seems to be one of those that makes me feel like I'm playing better - just set it stock and go - no tweaks, just smiles - Revv replaces JP2C in my hi-gain patch (sorry Mr Mud).
I will try with the SLO cab, thanks for the tip.

I have yet to touch any of the tone controls on the REVV, I keep forgetting that fact. I cant remember an amp model that I didn't have the need to fiddle with the tone settings. I ultimately will, but wow, how cool is it to have an amp that at 12 O'CLOCK was sufficient, let alone not needed to be tweaked to get rid of a frequency?

HI everyone , question from someone who has not updated to beta before , it s been a long wait and work i know .... for the final release .
shall i install the Dynacabs files before the fw22 file ??
Thanks for the help and clarification.
Fafa

Got the FW installed too late last night to be able to play and today is family stuff so will have to wait a while longer...

I've got a MK2 100R and can confirm this. They're really well voiced and you generally don't need to move the knobs much past noon in either direction. They're not really amps you want to run anything on 10 or 0, things start to flub out or sound weird.

And if you want a Badlander, just put an 808 in front of the Recto1. That's all the Badlander is :lol:
The Badlander is a bit more
It does have the boost but it is el34
Also more neg feedback
The Crunch. Is more like a JCM 800

Well to be fair the red and purple channels are similar to a 5150 and Rectifier, so it makes sense the Mesa OS cabs sound great with them as that's the typical pairing with those amps.

The Badlander is a bit more
It does have the boost but it is el34
Also more neg feedback
The Crunch. Is more like a JCM 800
Things are “just a” when you don’t really care about them. I don’t think that they release a new serie at 3500e that is just a tubescreamer in a rectifier circuit. As I am not able to read amp diagrams, only someone with this knowledge can say with both diagrams in front of him what is the real difference. Whatever it is, it surely sound quickly great. Something that’s not the case with a recto ☺️

REVV purple 2 is my new best friend. Dynacab Recto Straight with a condenser, and a Recto Slant with a Ribbon and WOW.

Plugged the amp into my existing main chain and damn, that low end grunt without being overly woofs without needing a “808” to tighten up.

Bliss!
What are your Dyna-Cab settings, just curious?

Hey everyone,

I am getting an odd result after updating to the new firmware first and then updating the DynaCab's next. The cab list is blank (see inserted images):Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 9.35.08 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-11 at 9.34.50 AM.png

Any thoughts? I've installed the firmware a second time, and then the DynaCab file a second time as well with the same results.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I am getting an odd result after updating to the new firmware first and then updating the DynaCab's next. The cab list is blank (see inserted images):View attachment 121957View attachment 121958

Any thoughts? I've installed the firmware a second time, and then the DynaCab file a second time as well with the same results.

Thanks!
Try to execute AxeEdit -> Settings -> Refresh After New Firmware

Back
Top Bottom