Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, Cliff… this is AWESOME and we all REALLY appreciate you, but I’m posting this as a grass roots uprising to (respectfully) “Demand” that you rename this to firmware release 21.12. I mean, c’mon, man! How could you skip that?!?!? Come to your senses, for the love of Pete! Fractal users unite! Viva la revolution!
You’re joking.., right? Would it sound better if it were called 21.12… would you stop there and do no more updates? Or, will you sound just like Alex Lifeson in a Rush tribute band if it were called 21.12?

IRT Input Clipping, I'm using a Les Paul Custom with the 498T bridge PUP it came with and it's clipping at 4%. Had to lower all the way to 3.9%. Something don't seem right about this. I think this controls range needs to be readjusted.

• Mic positions are sampled at a fine spatial resolution.
How? Proprietary method? Do you shoot 13 billion IRs to capture all possible mic positions, or do you shoot a reasonable number and then average between them somehow with EQ or other tricks? Or is it captured while the mic is being moved around by a robot? What if you want an IR where the mic is angled 45 to the cone? Go legacy?

I blitzed through 13 forum pages to see if Cliff had elaborated on this. Really curious is all, I will be using DynaCabs only from now on regardless.
A relatively small number of IR's are shot, then interpolated when the mic is moved to generate the effective IR. No modeler maker says how many IR's they shoot per mic/cab combo. And for good reason. Somebody else would do one more, then say "we're better".

When I rebooted after installing, my FC-6 was powered on but all the displays were blank. I had to unplug and reconnect to get it working. All seems to be fine...?
Was that before you installed the Dyna-Cabs or after? If it was before, I'd expect it was because the code that looked for the cabs and popped up the alert ran prior to anything to do with the FC.

Was that before you installed the Dyna-Cabs or after? If it was before, I'd expect it was because the code that looked for the cabs and popped up the alert ran prior to anything to do with the FC.
I expected that question, and I wish I could answer. I only noticed it after I installed the Dyna-Cabs.

One thing I haven’t seen anyone talking about is on axis off axis?
I could have sworn I saw an ANG (angle) on the preview picture EDIT My mistake it was cap and edge
Oh man Fredman micing would have been so nice to have been able to do :( Still a brilliant update
img_1198-jpg.117241

Last edited:
And as always, your best bet is only AFTER this gets out of Beta. Not really much sense in F5'ing the Forum while there's a feature in Beta phase...
Oh there’s plenty of sense in it! Whether it’s good or healthy for my time or mental state is another story. 🙃

WARNING!!! Dyna-Cab data WILL change for the final release version and any presets you create with this public beta may need to be manually edited to correct shifts in the location of the cabinets. If you are not comfortable with this caveat do NOT install this firmware.

The firmware is now comprised of two components: a main firmware image and a Dyna-Cab data image. BOTH must be installed in the correct order: firmware first, Dyna-Cab data last.

NOTE: The current version of Axe-Edit is not fully compatible.

INSTRUCTIONS. FOLLOW CAREFULLY!!!
-------------------------------------------------

1. Download new Fractal-Bot:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/fractal-bot/beta/Fractal-Bot-v3p00p16-b1.zip

Extract the appropriate version for your operating system from the archive.

2. Download firmware files:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/22p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_22p00_beta6.zip

Extract the firmware .syx file and the dyna_cabs.syx file from the archive.

3. Install the the new firmware as usual. After rebooting you will see a warning that the Dyna-Cab data is not installed. Press Exit.

4. Install the Dyna-Cab data. Be sure to use the new Fractal-Bot from step #1. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed.

There are currently 25 Dyna-Cabs. We expect about a dozen more for the final release including some bass cabs.
Awesome! Thanks much guys.

Unexpected bonus for me - just what a joy this is, for two reasons I never thought of:

1. Sorry rival product makers, but this just works - I've tried most of the others, and I was always going back to IRs because I couldn't get them to sound good, these do
2. I never thought how easy this makes to compare mics or speakers - just change the drop down and bang! No more trying to find the same IR with a slightly different mic, this makes it the easiest thing ever

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom