Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's just there...no downloading a "free" trial with half the features closed off, and then having to buy a license to get the full version only to have download problems at some "software" management thingy? All just because we spent a small price for a piece of hardware some time ago...you are just going to add features like this because you can? Huh, there's a novel concept!
Que?

I couldn't be more happy about this. All the time wasted on figuring out which number IR is which is now just nudging a dot left or right.

Thank you so so so so much Cliff!
You mean you don't enjoy buying cab packs and trying to figure out what the damn sonic difference between "bold, Classic1, 2, 3, A, B, C, D...etc" and then actually using 10 out the 100 you just bought?

is it possible to mix DynaCabs and Legacy cabs? i.e. have a DynaCab in slot 1 and a Legacy cab in slot 2 ?
I´m not at my unit until Wednesday so can´t check it out myself

I like every time there is something new, how people change sides and tell you that they finally wasn't satisfied for the last 5 years . Fabulous

To the one that seems bothered with the clipping warning, did it happen to your old presets or just using the dynacab thing ?

Same observation here - more clarity and detail thru both my studio mons and FR cabs. I'm converting all my presets to DynaCab / going all in the box.
+1. I think it's a natural consequence that by turning IR browsing from drudgery to pleasure, we'll be more likely to explore and improve our tone...which is why everybody does IR browsing like this now. I don't know if "legacy" is the right term for the other mode, but the old way of doing IR browsing does have a musty aroma to it now. It'll be interesting to see how 3rd party IR makers react to the offer to rent the gear from FAS.

So it's just there...no downloading a "free" trial with half the features closed off, and then having to buy a license to get the full version only to have download problems at some "software" management thingy? All just because we spent a small price for a piece of hardware some time ago...you are just going to add features like this because you can? Huh, there's a novel concept!
Unheard of anywhere else. This is why they get customers for life.

Same observation here - more clarity and detail thru both my studio mons and FR cabs. I'm converting all my presets to DynaCab / going all in the box.
All my favorite presets will go there too, when the FW is final. I haven't saved any presets just yet.

I spent a couple hours running through the new firmware. I'm very impressed with the clarity of the Dynacabs. All the right frequency spectrums are there. So much better than the static snapshot of traditional IRs. Comparing to a lot of "Legacy" and 3rd party IRs, so much better to my ears. Really happy with the bass response. It's not over hyped which has always been a thing with static IRs to me. I'm looking forward to the full release of this!

Thanks for the clipping warning. It showed me that 12% input level was too much.

It seems to me that there is quite some variance between units (hardware wise).
With a DiMarzio Tone Zone T I got clipping when hitting hard even with 3.6% (no clipping with 3%). The PU is hot but there are definitely hotter ones.
And with a DiMarzio PAFPro (which is really not high output for a humbucker) it clipped at 7.6%.

So I would wish for more headroom for Axe FX IV (and better consistency between units).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom