Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, for my Saturday Night Specials, with these specs:

Saturday Night Special Bridge
Series – 9.787k
Inductance – 5.841H

Saturday Night Special Neck
Series – 7.27k
Inductance – 3.444H

I set it to 47.3% on the Input Sensitivity. That does seem about right.

EDIT: I had forgotten when I wrote this that when I had these same pickups in my guitar before I had to set it in the 70s to tickle the red. When the new input clip warning popped up this time, it took my off guard and I didn't look at the LED meter at all, and I would like to have compared.

Last edited:
Many things contribute: number of windings, magnet strength, distance from strings, string type and gauge, pick thickness, how hard you pick, etc.

Nothing has changed in the input processing. The clip indicator trips when the input is within 0.5 dB of full-scale. If if trips you should turn down the sensitivity.

Yeah, I think the only difference is the new Input Clip warning, rather than just going by the red light on the meter.

The condenser mic type is already my favorite and I always chose dynamic (57) in the past. Definitely some juice in there that was missing from irs before. The low end sounds great, and full with no flub. Only tried my favorite preset. Very nice!

What mics are these specifically? They sound amazing!
images

Just in case it's not clear: this firmware works for all releases of the Axe-Fx III, not just the Turbo version.
Yeah, I only have an FM3 and an FM9. When the day comes that I get an AxeFX III it will be a Turbo. That day is just not today unfortunately.

Thanks Cliff,
I’ve just had a medical procedure, and after 3 weeks here in hospital I’m supposed to be going home today. What a wonderful thing to come home to….freely movable mic positioning!!.

Pauly
WARNING!!! Dyna-Cab data WILL change for the final release version and any presets you create with this public beta may need to be manually edited to correct shifts in the location of the cabinets. If you are not comfortable with this caveat do NOT install this firmware.

The firmware is now comprised of two components: a main firmware image and a Dyna-Cab data image. BOTH must be installed in the correct order: firmware first, Dyna-Cab data last.

NOTE: The current version of Axe-Edit is not fully compatible.

INSTRUCTIONS. FOLLOW CAREFULLY!!!
-------------------------------------------------

1. Download new Fractal-Bot:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/fractal-bot/beta/Fractal-Bot-v3p00p16-b1.zip

Extract the appropriate version for your operating system from the archive.

2. Download firmware files:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/22p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_22p00_beta6.zip

Extract the firmware .syx file and the dyna_cabs.syx file from the archive.

3. Install the the new firmware as usual. After rebooting you will see a warning that the Dyna-Cab data is not installed. Press Exit.

4. Install the Dyna-Cab data. Be sure to use the new Fractal-Bot from step #1. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed.

There are currently 25 Dyna-Cabs. We expect about a dozen more for the final release including some bass cabs.

First of all, thank you Cliff and Fractal team for all of your hard work! This is really exciting!

One question, and forgive me if this is foolish; I noticed it says the cab block has two modes now; Legacy and Dyna-Cab. My question is, what happens to all of the User Cabs/3rd party IRs? Do they remain available?

And I love that a graphic was added to follow the mic placement. That's the last thing I expected on the unit itself! Okay, I feel like I'm spamming the thread with too many posts, but I'm freaking giddy about this. Again, tones are now the easiest ever to dial in with utter perfection.
I found it's worth exploring each cab to find the sweet spot. Some of the cabs I like the mic near the edge whereas others I like it closer to the cap.

Will 3rd party IR vendors be able to shoot Dyna Cab format or is this proprietary?

Yes, they can rent FAS's equipment and software.

First of all, thank you Cliff and Fractal team for all of your hard work! This is really exciting!

One question, and forgive me if this is foolish; I noticed it says the cab block has two modes now; Legacy and Dyna-Cab. My question is, what happens to all of the User Cabs/3rd party IRs? Do they remain available?

They do remain available, just use the Legacy mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom