Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can mix up to four Dyna-Cabs. You can mix-and-match any combination of cabs and mics.

Position sets the radial distance of the microphone from the center of the speaker.

Distance sets the distance from the grill cloth. As you move the mic away from the grill the bass typically rolls off and more room is heard.

This is probably a dumb question, but do Dyna-Cabs have an effect on irs other than live/tweakable mic positioning?

I loaded this up following the instructions closely. Everything seemed to go as expected. Now I am getting an input clip on every guitar unless I set the input 1/Instrument A/D sensitivity to 8.5%. My highest output pickup in my PRS McCarty 594 at around 8k. Is this normal? I have just rolled with it and set up my first preset with the Dyna-Cabs. I must say that it sounds better than I hoped. I no longer find myself killing myself trying to blend Far field cabs to get the sound I am looking for. It's just there. I will be trying it live tomorrw night. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I loaded this up following the instructions closely. Everything seemed to go as expected. Now I am getting an input clip on every guitar unless I set the input 1/Instrument A/D sensitivity to 8.5%. My highest output pickup in my PRS McCarty 594 at around 8k. Is this normal?
getting that too

I loaded this up following the instructions closely. Everything seemed to go as expected. Now I am getting an input clip on every guitar unless I set the input 1/Instrument A/D sensitivity to 8.5%. My highest output pickup in my PRS McCarty 594 at around 8k. Is this normal?
Set it so you don't get a clip warning. That's the point.

Anyone have a list of the 25 cabs currently in there ?
Dyna-Cabs
1 1x10 BF PRINCETONE
2 1x10 METRO BLUES
3 1x10 SF PRINCETONE
4 1x12 AC20
5 1x12 DELUXE VERB
6 1x12 DIV13 CJ11
7 1x12 HOT KITTY
8 1x12 TWEED 20112
9 1x12 VIBRATO LUX
10 1x15 VIBRATOVERB
11 2x10 SUPER 6G4
12 2x12 65 BASSGUY
13 2x12 DOUBLE VERB
14 2x12 TEXAS STAR
15 4x12 1960TV
16 4x12 5153
17 4x12 CITRUS
18 4x12 FRIEDMAN GB
19 4x12 FRIEDMAN V30
20 4x12 RECTO SLANT
21 4x12 RECTO STRAIGHT
22 4x12 RUMBLE EV12L
23 4x12 RUMBLE EV12S
24 4x12 SOLO 100
25 4x12 USA MC90

Last edited:
I loaded this up following the instructions closely. Everything seemed to go as expected. Now I am getting an input clip on every guitar unless I set the input 1/Instrument A/D sensitivity to 8.5%. My highest output pickup in my PRS McCarty 594 at around 8k. Is this normal? I have just rolled with it and set up my first preset with the Dyna-Cabs. I must say that it sounds better than I hoped. I no longer find myself killing myself trying to blend Far field cabs to get the sound I am looking for. It's just there. I will be trying it live tomorrw night. Fingers crossed.

That does seem wrong. An 8k pickup should need a much higher sensitivity than that normally.

getting that too

For both of you, I'm guessing you needed to set your input sensitivity much higher with earlier firmware, right? I haven't been able to test myself yet; I just finished some soldering with my guitar.

Set it so you don't get a clip warning. That's the point.

But I am wrong that an 8k pickup would almost certainly need a much higher input sensitivity. Of course, you'd need actual mV or at least Henries to get a better picture of actual output, but I'd think no matter what if it measure 8k, that's something that would take a bit of input sensitivity. Seems like a potential bug. My bridge is 8.75k (Duncan Saturday Night Special), so I'll give it a try myself in a little bit.

I don't know but there's a Cali 4x12 in there too. That and teh Rumble 12S are so far my favorites
Good grief this is awesome

That does seem wrong. An 8k pickup should need a much higher sensitivity than that normally.

For both of you, I'm guessing you needed to set your input sensitivity much higher with earlier firmware, right? I haven't been able to test myself yet; I just finished some soldering with my guitar.

But I am wrong that an 8k pickup would almost certainly need a much higher input sensitivity. Of course, you'd need actual mV or at least Henries to get a better picture of actual output, but I'd think no matter what if it measure 8k, that's something that would take a bit of input sensitivity. Seems like a potential bug. My bridge is 8.75k (Duncan Saturday Night Special), so I'll give it a try myself in a little bit.
Wire gauge and number of wraps contribute to pickup output level.

You can't base it on DC resistance...

Many things contribute: number of windings, magnet strength, distance from strings, string type and gauge, pick thickness, how hard you pick, etc.

Nothing has changed in the input processing. The clip indicator trips when the input is within 0.5 dB of full-scale. If if trips you should turn down the sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom