Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #5 (Beta 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx but i believe this does not answer my question. There are greenbacks, yes but are any of then pulsonic cones?
If there's a real difference in tone compared to other cones, wouldn't we be able to determine whether they are or not by how the Dyna Cabs sound?

Thanks @yek I think cab #8 may make me a very happy camper, but I have a question:

Huge fan of the G12-T 75, but used to seeing them in 80s issue 1960 A/B cabs. Ive never seen it in a 1x12 (and can't figure what the "100" may refer to). I gig'd with them for decades and for me, they are perfect in a 4x12 Marshall cab.

Do you suppose this 1x12 will, for all intents and purposes, be a reasonable facsimile of the 4x12 1960 cabs with G12-T 75s and behave the same in a Dyna-Cab setup, or will the resonance of a 1x12 cab change it dramatically from my familiar 4x12 expectations?

I'm SUPER happy to see the G12-T 75 made to the release, and I mean over the moon happy, just curious about the 1x12-ness instead of the more familiar 4x12 configuration?

Anyone? I can't install the latest for a few days so I'm dying for some knowledge/opinion on this one

It was a typo (earlier FAS Cab packs contained a 1x12 G12T-75). Fixed.

Last edited:
Thanks @yek I think cab #8 may make me a very happy camper, but I have a question:

Huge fan of the G12-T 75, but used to seeing them in 80s issue 1960 A/B cabs. Ive never seen it in a 1x12 (and can't figure what the "100" may refer to). I gig'd with them for decades and for me, they are perfect in a 4x12 Marshall cab.

Do you suppose this 1x12 will, for all intents and purposes, be a reasonable facsimile of the 4x12 1960 cabs with G12-T 75s and behave the same in a Dyna-Cab setup, or will the resonance of a 1x12 cab change it dramatically from my familiar 4x12 expectations?

I'm SUPER happy to see the G12-T 75 made to the release, and I mean over the moon happy, just curious about the 1x12-ness instead of the more familiar 4x12 configuration?

Anyone? I can't install the latest for a few days so I'm dying for some knowledge/opinion on this one
I would like simply to have the 4x12 G12T-75 speaker impedance curve..

I hope the 4x10 Super Reverb is one of the remaining cabs. Not enough Super Reverb IRs in the wild as is and the best ones are the legacy IRs on Fractal.

I would also love Fractal to provide an official list of the speakers in each Dyna-cab for the Wiki. Or at least correct the ones in yek's post if there are inaccuracies.

The G12T-100 in a 1x12 sounds a lot like a Marshall 1912. I had a couple of those for a bit a few years back, I think it has a larger diameter voice coil.

Edit - Correction, I compared the G12T-100 to some IR’s I had of a Marshall 1912 and it’s quite different. I then checked some photos and specs, it turns out the speakers in my 1912’s were G12B-150.

Last edited:
The G12T-100 in a 1 x 12 sounds a lot like a Marshall 1912. I had a couple of those for a bit a few years back, I think it has a larger diameter voice coil.
I'm looking fwd to trying it out just because I've never played one before. Who knows, maybe it'll have that certain something? Thanks for the insight!

If there's a real difference in tone compared to other cones, wouldn't we be able to determine whether they are or not by how the Dyna Cabs sound?
I have 2 im my studio (pre rola, g12m, one is 55hz the other 75hz) sitting in two 1x12 jackson amp works cabinets and was planning to offer sending them to FAS if they would want to shoot IRs of these. They sound great….my whole reason for asking.

This place is hilarious at times. Amazing new cabs added that should surely allow anyone to coax any guitar sound ever recorded, and people pop up asking if very specific CONES are in the modelled speakers.

The new cabs sound amazing.
Personally, I'm not too fussy about my cone types 😳, but I do at least want to know what speakers (brand/type) are in IRs I use, so appreciate the effort above to ID them for each dynacab.

Excellent additions in this beta btw👍

Last edited:
This place is hilarious at times. Amazing new cabs added that should surely allow anyone to coax any guitar sound ever recorded, and people pop up asking if very specific CONES are in the modelled speakers.

hilarious guy, i am not fussing about cones, read my response above. 🤣

Last edited:

[/QUOTE
If the 4x12 G12T-75 cab has four 16 ohm speakers wired in the usual series/parallel way to yield 16 ohms total, the 1x12 G12T-75 curve ought to be pretty close....
Dont know that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom