Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #3 (Beta 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaker page - watch the low-freq value (and others) change as you change cab (not mic) selections in Dynacab mode on the corresponding cab block channel.

Cab1-Slot1 sets IC values in Amp1 on the corresponding channel (when the cab1 channel is in Dynacab mode)
Cab2-Slot1 sets IC values on Amp2 on the corresponding channel (when the cab1 channel is in Dynacab mode)
Gotcha......the only way to see the name though, is front panel....right?

Gotcha......the only way to see the name though, is front panel....right?
On the FP, the "Speaker Imp. Curve" name is on the Advanced Page, but in AE it's on the Speaker Page. Regardless of FP or AE though, the "Speaker Imp Curve" name seems only related to legacy cab mode where one can select any IC curve for any legacy cab selection. "Speaker Imp. Curve" still shows a value when in Dynacab mode on the corresponding cab channel, but that "Speaker Imp. Curve" value only relates to its prior setting in Legacy Cab Mode. In Dynacab mode, when you change Dynacab Cab selections, the IC values change on the speaker page to new ones corresponding to the Dynacab selected but that IC is not given a special separate name (the "Speaker Imp. Curve" name remains as before entering Dynacab Mode) - in Dynacab mode, the IC name is implicit to the Dynacab cab selected. (this was my dream wish come true - specific correct IC values automatically following the cab I select).

Last edited:
On the FP, the "Speaker Imp. Curve" name is on the Advanced Page, but in AE it's on the Speaker Page. Regardless of FP or AE though, the "Speaker Imp Curve" name seems only related to legacy cab mode where one can select any IC curve for any legacy cab selection. "Speaker Imp. Curve" still shows a value when in Dynacab mode on the corresponding cab channel, but that "Speaker Imp. Curve" value only relates to its prior setting in Legacy Cab Mode. In Dynacab mode, when you change Dynacab Cab selections, the IC values change on the speaker page to new ones corresponding to the Dynacab selected but that IC is not given a special separate name (the "Speaker Imp. Curve" name remains as before entering Dynacab Mode) - in Dynacab mode, the IC name is implicit to the Dynacab cab selected. (this was my dream wish come true - specific correct IC values automatically following the cab I select).
Ok, I think we are saying the same thing......what I meant to say in my last post was, the only place you can actually see the IC name change when
selecting a new Dyna Cab model, is on the front panel advanced page of Amp 1......at least for me it is actually changing the name right in front
of my eyes as I change Dyna Cab models in Axe Edit. This is great, as it also tells me what IC to set for Amp 2, as I only use one cab block. biggrin.gif

I didn't mean I had a problem w/this for the beta, other than I can see the number of Dyna-Cabs expanding over time and it would be very inconvenient if every time a new firmware was released down the road to have to do this to all of the patches that use Dyna-Cabs...

Ok, I think we are saying the same thing......what I meant to say in my last post was, the only place you can actually see the IC name change when
selecting a new Dyna Cab model, is on the front panel advanced page of Amp 1......at least for me it is actually changing the name right in front
of my eyes as I change Dyna Cab models in Axe Edit. This is great, as it also tells me what IC to set for Amp 2, as I only use one cab block. View attachment 120267
@sprint If you're just using Amp Block 1 and Cab Block 1, if you have the auto update speaker impedance curve parameter switched on, you do see the speaker impedance curve change on the front panel; it just does not update on Axe-Edit.

ah - k, I see it changing now only in FP - maybe still to be implemented in AE - though I kinda like is staying on the legacy cab value, it does make more sense to have it change correctly with whatever mode yur in.

I didn't mean I had a problem w/this for the beta, other than I can see the number of Dyna-Cabs expanding over time and it would be very inconvenient if every time a new firmware was released down the road to have to do this to all of the patches that use Dyna-Cabs...

Total conjecture, so take it with a grain of salt, but I assume for third party Dyna-Cabs you'll just have to set your presets to match how you have your third party cabs loaded at that time, the same way we do now for user IRs.

no-one knows but I'm guessing this is not the way it will go. As I mention above, I suspect we'll be able to mix dynacabs in Cablab4 with identified mics and then port into the onboard cabs and generic mic slots (so we'll know (or can know) what actual mic we're using). We'll see. Whatever the final picture is, I'm sure I'll be saying "K, now I get it" - as has been the case many times before for me, with Fractal stuff.

Not difficult to grasp, and ya, totally workable though, again, I'm skeptical we'll ultimately end up generic naming only, with no way to know the specific mic in use. My question in response would be: why would someone not grasp the value in knowing what mic was actually used in capturing some awesome IRs to work with in the product?, particularly when the specific mics that were actually used, are benchmark mics (ie 57, SM7) where peeps generally know what they are, how they tend to sound, what they tend to do well/not well, and how they tend to react/perform..., and so can skip the discovery time. Seems to me, revealing specific mic names only adds value, by tapping into existing knowledge - there's no downside I can think of - it's added information (seems it could be harder not to reveal). One need look no further than these beta threads to see that people identify with, and easily understand the specific mics (57, 121...) - most of the related posts here are talking about and referring to specific mics because that's what people understand and know. They're all tryin to guess what specific mic is behind what door lol!

Now before I get clobbered here by the enslaught, I'll repeat again that I think this release is absolutely fantastic and throws Axefx yet another leap ahead of anything else. This is not a criticism of the work done - If it's generic all the way, then I'm still 100% on board and won't be going back to my old IRs strategy (all my presets are already converted).- , it's just a valid question, imo, in the context of this beta as relates to real life where peeps reach for understood specific reference gear. Having those reference points in modellers whether it be amp names, speaker names or mic names, or whatever..., makes everything easier by adding context in relation to the real world items. Sorry "just use your ears" friends - it's ears / eyes / brain / touch(feel) for me - I need input from all of those for my basic functioning.
Fully agree, everything else in the Axe is named so we know what it’s based on so why not the mics? Can’t see how it would be a backward step.

There won't be an unlimited number of Dyna-Cabs as there's limited space for them.

We're currently in open beta on the firmware. Cliff said that we have to expect to change our presets for the final release. He said nothing about needing to change them after that point.

WARNING!!! Dyna-Cab data WILL change for the final release version and any presets you create with this public beta may need to be manually edited to correct shifts in the location of the cabinets. If you are not comfortable with this caveat do NOT install this firmware.

Sounds great so far! Was wondering if impulses we shoot ourselves can be dynacabs too? Because I just got some really nice marshall mode 4 cabs and will like to rent some mics that I would like to start doing some caputres with for this dynacab stuff.

I tried the new Dana-Cabs now for the first time. I like it A LOT! So much easier to work with and they sound Wonderfull. I am looking forward to the AC30 Cab :D.
By the way. For me the difference between Dynamic 1 and 2 are not worth the hassle. I think (if at all) for the memory used, it could be spend better on a real different sounding Mic that brings real value to the table. But I am happy :D

Last edited:
Sounds great so far! Was wondering if impulses we shoot ourselves can be dynacabs too? Because I just got some really nice marshall mode 4 cabs and will like to rent some mics that I would like to start doing some caputres with for this dynacab stuff.

Content producers can make their own Dyna-Cabs but they will need to rent our robot and software. We have a second robot for just that.

So I guess you could do it if you didn't mind paying to rent the equipment.

I'm totally onboard w/dynacabs, they sound great and take less time to dial in... However for some my presets, I have been unable to find a good dynacab match that sounds better than the IR. For example, has anyone found a good dynacab match for the Fender Blues Jr.? Thanks.

I'm totally onboard w/dynacabs, they sound great and take less time to dial in... However for some my presets, I have been unable to find a good dynacab match that sounds better than the IR. For example, has anyone found a good dynacab match for the Fender Blues Jr.? Thanks.
Then stick with the standard IR?

They aren't going away... If you like what you have, maybe there's a reason ;)

Then stick with the standard IR?

They aren't going away... If you like what you have, maybe there's a reason ;)
The OP didn’t ask if they were going to go away. They asked for recommendations of DC to go with a Blues Jr. To actually answer the OP question, no but there are more DC to be released in the beta cycle that could work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom