Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #3 (Beta 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
in fact the automatic curve only works for the personal "Amp1" I use 2 blocks and the M-Plex block and it does not work on the "Amp2" block the automatic curve Cliff have I a hope that it can work later ? Thanks

No offense but that is nonsense.

The "totally flat" IR is not a captured IR of a real speaker and mic, but is simply the (trivial) IR curve that produces a perfectly flat frequency response. That means it does not change your signal at all - the signal coming out of the IR processing will be identical to the signal you put in. If it helps, think of it as bypassing the IR part of the cab block completely. As such it makes no sense to talk about different mic models, positions, or distances for a "totally flat" IR.

You seem to want to simulate the effects of micing an acoustic instrument with different mics and positions. That might be doable with IRs in general (at least a "good enough" approximation), and it might even be possible to create something for acoustic guitars in the dynacab interface, but it has nothing to do with the "totally flat" IR.
No offense taken :)
The "totally flat" IR is not a captured IR of a real speaker and mic, but is simply the (trivial) IR curve that produces a perfectly flat frequency response. That means it does not change your signal at all - the signal coming out of the IR processing will be identical to the signal you put in.
Exactly.
I use the TOTALLY FLAT PS1024 on acoustic instruments for that reason but it allows me to use the advanced parameters in the Room/Air parameters page to add space.
If it helps, think of it as bypassing the IR part of the cab block completely.
I do understand that PS1024, NULL IR and using no cab block produce the same response but you can't use the Room/Air parameters without a cab block.
You seem to want to simulate the effects of micing an acoustic instrument with different mics and positions.
Exactly.
Using PS1024 with Room/Air parameters can get you close.
,,,,,,and it might even be possible to create something for acoustic guitars
The Yamaha AG Stomp does this quite well for 25 year old technology.
,,,,,,The "totally flat" IR is not a captured IR of a real speaker and mic, but is simply the (trivial) IR curve

If preset 1024 is just a flat frequency response with no real cab or microphone than I change my suggestion from the TOTALLY FLAT 1024 IR to a totally flat speaker that is captured with a mic using the new DynaCab technology. In doing so I would be able to use the 4 microphones and the distance placement parameters along with the other Room/Air parameters to create space and depth to the piezo.
After using the PS1024 and the Room/Air parameters with success I believe the DynaCab mic selections and placement parameters would be a game changer for acoustic instrument players. You could get a mic'd up tone with any instrument at anytime. :)

in fact the automatic curve only works for the personal "Amp1" I use 2 blocks and the M-Plex block and it does not work on the "Amp2" block the automatic curve Cliff have I a hope that it can work later ? Thanks
Looks to me like Cab1 Dynacab Slot1 controls Amp1's IC parms autoassignment, and Cab2 Dynacab Slot1 controls Amp2's IC parms autoassignment. You can alsways manually copy the IC settings from Amp1 to Amp2 if using only Cab1 with 2 amp blocks.

Looks to me like Cab1 Dynacab Slot1 controls Amp1's IC parms autoassignment, and Cab2 Dynacab Slot1 controls Amp2's IC parms autoassignment. You can alsways manually copy the IC settings from Amp1 to Amp2 if using only Cab1 with 2 amp blocks.
I thought they were saying that the autoassigned IC is not visible?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...supports-fw-22-00-public-beta-6-and-9.193277/ is the announcement.

o Added "Auto Dyna-Cab Imp." control to the AMP Speaker page.
o Added Dyna-Cab support to the CAB layout.

For installing the firmware and Dyna-Cabs, the alternate is to use the most recent Fractal-Bot.

Last edited:
I thought they were saying that the autoassigned IC is not visible?
When I look at the IC values in the amp block, they change automatically when the Dynacab cab selection is changed in the corresponding cab block channel when in Dynacab mode, as expected with the new feature, but, the "Speaker Imp. Curve" description on the corresponding amp block channel's speaker page remains whatever it was previously set to for legacy cabs - it is not a matching description to the autoassigned IC curve values for the Dyncab selected, but I like that Fractal left the prior description there as it shows what I previously had the "Speaker Imp. Curve" value set to on that amp channel in legacy cab mode (if i switch back to legacy cab mode, the description and curve are then back to matching what I had prior to switching to Dynacab mode). Also, while in Dynacab mode in the corresponding cab block channel, changing the "Speaker Imp. Curve" selection on the corresponding amp block channel's speaker page has no effect, as far as I can see, on the actual IC values there, again - as expected with the new feature.

Last edited:
When I look at the IC values in the amp block, they change automatically when the Dynacab cab selection is changed in the cab block, as expected with the new feature, but, the "Speaker Imp. Curve" description on the amp block speaker page remains whatever it was previously set to for legacy cabs - it is no longer a correct description to the autoassigned IC curve values for the Dyncab selected, but I like that Fractal left it there as it shows what I had the IC set to on that amp for legacy cabs (if i switch back to legacy cab mode, it's correct) - while in Dynacab mode in the cab block, changing the IC curve selection on the amp block speaker page has no effect on the actual IC values.
Oh I see.....you must be looking at the front panel............ So using the front panel, we can set the second amp to the correct curve....good to know!

Thanks biggrin.gif

Where are you seeing the IC change automatically in Axe Edit?
speaker page - watch the low-freq value (and others) change as you change cab (not mic) selections in Dynacab mode on the corresponding cab block channel.

Cab1-Slot1 sets IC values in Amp1 on the corresponding channel (when the cab1 channel is in Dynacab mode)
Cab2-Slot1 sets IC values on Amp2 on the corresponding channel (when the cab1 channel is in Dynacab mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom