Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #3 (Beta 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the fuss some ranted about concerning the 57 sucks Sm7,Sm7, it’s interesting how there’s been some confusion posted with conflicting opinions of which is which. Dyn 1 or 2? Some wanting to know the mic names… I think that’s hilarious. Please leave them unknown and send them a copy of the enquirer Cliff 😂! I believe your point is proven 😂😂😂

Given the fuss some ranted about concerning the 57 sucks Sm7,Sm7, it’s interesting how there’s been some confusion posted with conflicting opinions of which is which. Dyn 1 or 2? Some wanting to know the mic names… I think that’s hilarious. Please leave them unknown and send them a copy of the enquirer Cliff 😂! I believe your point is proven 😂😂😂
True, but there's also those who did no ranting, and would truly like to know which is which. icon_wink.gif

Dyna-Cabs are excellent! but since everyone seems to be throwing wishes around... I'd like to see an extended distance parameter/filter? that takes us to full-res or even far field levels.

The number of required IRs under the hood would explode, requiring Gigabytes or even more memory, per cab.

Since the dyna-cabs are captured at 2048 samples, it would probably have to be an approximation or filter of some sort, not more irs... Just a thought.

a Dyna Cab TOTALLY FLAT Cab IR with the resources to use condenser,ribbon or dynamic mics in a user defined sound source position
No offense but that is nonsense.

The "totally flat" IR is not a captured IR of a real speaker and mic, but is simply the (trivial) IR curve that produces a perfectly flat frequency response. That means it does not change your signal at all - the signal coming out of the IR processing will be identical to the signal you put in. If it helps, think of it as bypassing the IR part of the cab block completely. As such it makes no sense to talk about different mic models, positions, or distances for a "totally flat" IR.

You seem to want to simulate the effects of micing an acoustic instrument with different mics and positions. That might be doable with IRs in general (at least a "good enough" approximation), and it might even be possible to create something for acoustic guitars in the dynacab interface, but it has nothing to do with the "totally flat" IR.

One issue I had, when upgrading from the previous version of the Dyna-Cab beta is that when more Cab choices were added to the list, everything shifted and I had to reset many of my presets. If possible, could this be fixed to associate a Dyna-Cab assigned Number to a Preset, instead of a Position Number in the list? Thanks!!!

One issue I had, when upgrading from the previous version of the Dyna-Cab beta is that when more Cab choices were added to the list, everything shifted and I had to reset many of my presets. If possible, could this be fixed to associate a Dyna-Cab assigned Number to a Preset, instead of a Position Number in the list? Thanks!!!
I think that's what the warning in the OP is referring to......

If you are not comfortable with this caveat do NOT install this firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom