Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #3 (Beta 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that in the editor if I have the mic position at a higher number and then double tap it with the mouse and it drops to cap that the sound doesn't change but if I move the knob manually with the mouse that the sound changes as expected. Has this been reported? I'm on Windows 10

I don't think I've seen this question pop up: If all the DynaCab captures are time-aligned, does it make sense to introduce a delay when moving one of the mics away from the cabinet? That mic would necessarily have a delay due to the added distance...

Also, I'm noticing the further away I move the mic, the quieter the IR gets (expected). I wonder if it would make sense to "level align" the captures as well.

I don't think I've seen this question pop up: If all the DynaCab captures are time-aligned, does it make sense to introduce a delay when moving one of the mics away from the cabinet? That mic would necessarily have a delay due to the added distance...

Also, I'm noticing the further away I move the mic, the quieter the IR gets (expected). I wonder if it would make sense to "level align" the captures as well.

I do like the idea of simply having the automatic alignment as a parameter you can turn off, to experience the way the two mics would interact with regard to phase in the real world. I suggested that here.

I can't find the Dyna-Cabs in Axe-Edit, I'm getting a clipping indicator on the front panel, and I don't know how to read any prior posts to see if my questions have been answered. Is this a bug? Also, is the SM57 better than the SM7? It should be, since it's 50 more, right?

/snark

They both seem so to me with the ribbon. I realized why I like the sm57 less now. In the real world I would always place it off axis to fatten it up. The sm7 is already fatter, so problem solved.
So Dynamic 1 is the 57, and Dynamic 2 is the SM7, correct? #2 is a bit fuller sounding.

I don't personally see how it makes sense not to know what specific mic I'm using (helps / can't see how it could hurt)...
Yeah, for better of for worse, if you went to most producers and said "Sorry, I'm not gonna tell you what mic I'm going to use for the guitar cabs; you just pick which one sounds better" they'll probably throw you out of the session. We all develop opinions about tonal characteristics of these mics that are hard to describe, but we also notice when those characteristics are missing and we know what to reach for. I'd rather know for that reason.

I can't find the Dyna-Cabs in Axe-Edit, I'm getting a clipping indicator on the front panel, and I don't know how to read any prior posts to see if my questions have been answered. Is this a bug? Also, is the SM57 better than the SM7? It should be, since it's 50 more, right?

/snark
Are you also noticing "digital fizz?"

This is really really good!
I’m loving the ability to sharpen up, or smooth the sound by graphically moving a mic in the cab block. Nice implementation, and very intuitive to boot.
Thanks Cliff & team.
Pauly

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/22p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_22p00_beta9.zip

WARNING!!! Dyna-Cab data WILL change for the final release version and any presets you create with this public beta may need to be manually edited to correct shifts in the location of the cabinets. If you are not comfortable with this caveat do NOT install this firmware.

The firmware is now comprised of two components: a main firmware image and a Dyna-Cab data image. BOTH must be installed!

INSTRUCTIONS. FOLLOW CAREFULLY!!!
-------------------------------------------------

1. Make sure Fractal-Bot is the latest version.

2. Extract the firmware .syx file and the dyna_cabs_v1p00.syx file from the archive.

3. Install the the new firmware as usual. After rebooting you will see a warning that the Dyna-Cab data is not installed. Press Exit.

4. Install the Dyna-Cab data. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed.

The generic naming of the mics seems to be intentional and which one is which likely won't be disclosed. Why does it seem that the idea of simply using whichever mic sounds best, regardless of name, such a difficult concept to grasp?
I guess I would ask you why are the cabinets named and labeled then?
I suspect that either a) they are abstracted because 3rd party creators may be allowed their own mic choice in those categories or b) because in the original implementation the dynamic type was not yet decided.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom