Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I‘ve been away from this thread for a bit. the dynamic is an SM7? What are the other mics?

I gotta say. This is why the Fractal Environment is so great. Had a problem. It got fixed by the community with great attitude. so much talk out there now about this or that pedal or modeler. But the community is a big part of what we do here. I finally have more shows coming up after all this time and can't wait to get my AXE 3 back onstage. IMG_1960.jpeg

I gotta say. This is why the Fractal Environment is so great. Had a problem. It got fixed by the community with great attitude. so much talk out there now about this or that pedal or modeler. But the community is a big part of what we do here. I finally have more shows coming up after all this time and can't wait to get my AXE 3 back onstage. View attachment 119657
Are you going to rock the new DynaCabs? What are some of your “go to” amp models?

I gotta say. This is why the Fractal Environment is so great. Had a problem. It got fixed by the community with great attitude. so much talk out there now about this or that pedal or modeler. But the community is a big part of what we do here. I finally have more shows coming up after all this time and can't wait to get my AXE 3 back onstage. View attachment 119657
The solution to the (ugly) screen plastic:
Generic Screen Protector
;)

I decided to go back to the factory presets and just replace the legacy cabs with as close as I could version of the dyna cabs. I highly recommend doing it if you don't have to go anywhere or do anything for the next few hours. It was so much fun and inspiring. I didn't run across any bugs to report.
I decided to try the new dyna cabs with my bass tone, I know there isn't a bass cab yet, but it still gave me my best bass tone I've gotten yet. The guitars and bass sat in the mix so much better with way less processing than anything I have done yet. Cannot wait for the final release.
The patch notes do warn that the settings may be different with final release. I wouldn’t spend too much time updating every patch before then.

Unless you're @My name is mud. He lives for redoing his presets every major, minor, beta release.
No I don’t send the beta ones 😅
But yes when we are in « beta time », I silently check everything and modify them if needed, waiting for the final version. Can’t wait to have the first official dynacab release, to see what I will do with these!
It takes a lot of time yes, but I like doing that.
when you do line 6 patches or kemper profiles, it is « easier » : your amps profiles can be 4 years old and won’t sound better now, don’t need to update anything in the kemper really… and line 6 updates are rare. When you do this with fractal products you need to be prepared a little bit yes
🤣

The Turbo module has a 1.25 GHz processor. The standard module has a 1.00 GHz processor
Yes, you gain about 11% capacity, and you can add a block, maybe a few more, depending on their processing load, but, 80% remains 80%. Don't go above it if you want stablity.

The FX3 has 2x the power of the FM9, the FX3-Turbo has 2x the power of the FM9-Turbo, yet they all still have their maximum recommended CPU use at 80%. The underlying system that modeling sits upon must have CPU available to function. That's what the remaining 20% does.

Yes, you gain about 11% capacity, and you can add a block, maybe a few more, depending on their processing load, but, 80% remains 80%. Don't go above it if you want stablity.

The FX3 has 2x the power of the FM9, the FX3-Turbo has 2x the power of the FM9-Turbo, yet they all still have their maximum recommended CPU use at 80%. The underlying system that modeling sits upon must have CPU available to function. That's what the remaining 20% does.
+1 - same goes for most, computing devices. Approx 80% full / used up / ... is "max stable" - systems need room to breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom