Axe-Fx III Firmware 2.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed, and after powering down twice I still get a maxed input 1 meter. However, the unit sounds normal, any ideas what’s going on with my input meter?

Also, speaker compliance does not show up in Axe edit speaker page. I pressume it will appear in the Axe edit software update..

mproved Amp block speaker dynamic parameter modeling. The new Speaker Compliance parameter controls the nonlinear behavior of the virtual speaker. Existing presets will load with this parameter at 0.0 and will be unchanged tonally from the previous firmware (IOW your presets will not be altered). Selecting a new amp model or resetting the block will set the value to 5.0 which is a typical value for guitar speakers.

AX8? ;)

I'm really liking this one...sounds really tight ...:)

Edit , I am hearing a high frequency artifact on the friedman HBE on the B and E strings
maybe that's a ghost note?

Last edited:
OK. I installed the firmware. I am using a custom shifter block that uses global harmony #1. This worked previously. After installing the firmware I can no longer hear the harmony note. I hear the original note with some delay. I am including the preset.
Yup, that's a bug. To work around for now select a different type like the Capo and set the Tracking Mode to Mono. Then select Custom Shifter.

Just installed, and after powering down twice I still get a maxed input 1 meter. However, the unit sounds normal, any ideas what’s going on with my input meter?

Also, speaker compliance does not show up in Axe edit speaker page. I pressume it will appear in the Axe edit software update..
I know exactly what this is. This is a "feature" of the compiler. The C standard states that global variables are initialized to zero. However the TI compiler does not do this (which is a violation of the ANSI standard). I've asked several times why it doesn't and have yet to get a clear answer. So if you forget to explicitly initialize a global it will have random data in it on startup. In your case it has a NaN in it which is getting stuck in the meter data.

This will be fixed in the next beta or release whichever comes first.

Axe-Edit will need to be manually updated to include the new parameter. It isn't self-aware yet.

I know exactly what this is. This is a "feature" of the compiler. The C standard states that global variables are initialized to zero. However the TI compiler does not do this (which is a violation of the ANSI standard). I've asked several times why it doesn't and have yet to get a clear answer. So if you forget to explicitly initialize a global it will have random data in it on startup. In your case it has a NaN in it which is getting stuck in the meter data.

This will be fixed in the next beta or release whichever comes first.

Axe-Edit will need to be manually updated to include the new parameter. It isn't self-aware yet.

Ok, thanks. So just ignore the meter, no harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom