Axe-Fx III Firmware 2.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
[EDIT] Please see https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-2-00-public-beta-2.144615/
for the latest beta.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved Amp block speaker dynamic parameter modeling. The new Speaker Compliance parameter controls the nonlinear behavior of the virtual speaker. Existing presets will load with this parameter at 0.0 and will be unchanged tonally from the previous firmware (IOW your presets will not be altered). Selecting a new amp model or resetting the block will set the value to 5.0 which is a typical value for guitar speakers.

Improved Looper cross-fade at start/end of loop.

Improved stability and latency of Pitch block.

Improved anti-aliasing performance of Pitch block.

Added Temperament parameter to Pitch block. When set to “Just”, pitch shifting uses just temperament with ratios defined by the harmonic overtone series. When set to the default value of “Equal”, equal temperament tuning is used. Just temperament can be used to give a “sweeter” harmony, especially when followed by distortion.

Added “Virtual Capo” type to Pitch block. This is a simple one-voice pitch shift that is intended for drop-tuning and virtual capo use and is easy to configure and use.

Changed Pitch block behavior so that when selecting Whammy or Virtual Capo types the Mix is automatically set to 100%, otherwise 50%.

Improved algorithms in Multitap block.

Added two options to the Filter Order in the Cabinet block. “L: 6, H: 12” sets the filter slope to 6 dB/octave for the low cut and 12 dB/octave for the high cut. “L: 12, H: 6” sets the filter slope to 12 dB/octave for the low cut and 6 dB/octave for the high cut.

Changed Looper meter color to cyan so that threshold line is visible to those with red-green colorblindness.

Fixed Looper not playing when pressing Once if Trim Start is nonzero.

Fixed MIDI running status ignored if active sense messages received between status messages.

Fixed Master Resonator Time not working in Multitap Delay.

Fixed diffusion not working on delay lines 2-4 in certain types in Multitap Delay.

Various changes and fixes for FC-X controllers.

Minor tweaks and improvements to the GUI.

Last edited:
A firmware (color) fix for: "those with red-green colorblindness"? That's awesome. This company goes beyond the norm.

I'm not colorblind but thanks for caring about the details for all of us.

OK. I installed the firmware. I am using a custom shifter block that uses global harmony #1. This worked previously. After installing the firmware I can no longer hear the harmony note. I hear the original note with some delay. I am including the preset.

Attachments

• Main Rig.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Added two options to the Filter Order in the Cabinet block. “L: 6, H: 12” sets the filter slope to 6 dB/octave for the low cut and 12 dB/octave for the high cut. “L: 12, H: 6” sets the filter slope to 12 dB/octave for the low cut and 6 dB/octave for the high cut.
Not sure what prompted this, but it's a nice, unexpected update! 12 dB on the high and 6 dB on the low cut side seems nicer to me in the few places I use CAB block filtering. Thanks!

Not sure what prompted this, but it's a nice, unexpected update! 12 dB on the high and 6 dB on the low cut side seems nicer to me in the few places I use CAB block filtering. Thanks!

Someone mentioned it a few days ago in a thread on filter settings, and Cliff being Cliff, likes to please lol

I'm not color blind, but think it is great that you are considering those that are! Really great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom