Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to report, after installing FW19 b3, the computer crashes if i shut down he Axe-fx III before the computer. Anyone has the same problem? Any solution?
I am running windows 10 and last USB driver version (5.30) and USB firmware 1.10.
Thank you.
I just installed 19 beta3 last night, played for a few hours (great stuff) and did the exact same thing but no issues on my end. If you can duplicate that scenario, there would be something to look at but if you can not, it was a one time problem with the computer would be my take on it. Try it again and if it does the same, gather any log files and pertinent information (Windows 10 version number, Axe Edit version number, exact sequence of events to duplicate, etc.) and post so that developer(s) have more to go on!

afd model was always far from the real amp IMO (not like fractal’s real amp can be different than mine was, not like difference in pot tolerance).
it is night and day difference compared to real afd.
Reference amp is a Slash AFD100 Signature Special Collector's Edition #76. Hand-signed by Slash with COA.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/AFD100.mp3

Which is the amp and which is the model?

I’m not with the axe anymore, but, if you turn the gain up you have more noise coming from the pickups without any gate like a real amp no ?
Strange that the gain don’t add any noise 🤔
It was not in one preset but many ones, and I noticed it as soon as I change preset . Normally it’s dead silent and now I have a little amount of background noises .
If some guys notice it too … don’t know . @Gregmang same experience so
Yep, not a big deal, but I had to clamp down a little harder with the noisegate setting today on some presets that were quiet before.

Yep, not a big deal, but I had to clamp down a little harder with the noisegate setting today on some presets that were quiet before.
Now that I think about it, seems like the setting that I found for threshhold in the gate was -70, and had to turn it to -60 or so to make it work, but sure seems like the setting was already set to something below -70 before the beta install. It wasn’t all presets though…..wierd.

This might be a trick question, because it sounds more like Alex Lifeson than Slash! :openmouth: :smirk:
Joking aside: I'm late to the party but I like the improvements very much! 19.00 is going to be great! :grinning:
I have no heart to lie, I think this is an example where one (Cliff) must put up barriers to keep oneself intact from the "night and day difference" comments. Just think how much more he could innovate and improve if he didnt have to educate us and continuously demonstrate that he's actually got this stuff figured out (minus the occasional fat finger typo). Maybe he just enjoys.... the limelight. Hey, it works out for us!

All these comments debating and searching for tonal changes have me thinking...

At some point Cliff should release an exciting new firmware with various algorithms being "completely rewritten", but in reality change nothing at all - it's just a copy and paste of the previous firmware. I'd be so curious to see what the comments would be like, and how many changes people would notice and praise.

At some point Cliff should release an exciting new firmware with various algorithms being "completely rewritten", but in reality change nothing at all - it's just a copy and paste of the previous firmware. I'd be so curious to see what the comments would be like, and how many changes people would notice and praise.

Instead of Cygnus… Placebo!

This ties into another thread where the OP asked how accurate to the original amps the Axe is. The AFD 100 is apparently so close no one can tell the difference between the sound of this amp vs the model (I sure can’t!), then it should not change in future updates. I am assuming the same is true for the other amps as well. Given the accuracy in v19, moving forward we may see optimizations, new amps and effects etc. but the sound should not change - this would be a great step forward and we can stop focusing on tone changes and look at features, effects and amps! Total win win!

This gets mentioned about every 6 months or so... For years!

For all we know Cliff has already enjoyed this experiment :)

Last edited:
This gets mentioned about every 6 months or so... For years!

For all we know Cliff had already enjoyed this experiment :)
Out of curiosity, can you tell the difference between the amp and the model in the clip that Cliff posted? If the Axe matches the amp 100% in terms that no one can tell which is which (and for all practical purposes it would seem to me that it does) this would be a huge step forward

EDIT: Given the number of big name users that rely on the AXE, it would be highly unprofessional to change the sound of the axe simply to change the sound of the axe for his own amusement so would say this speculation is 100% false.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, can you tell the difference between the amp and the model in the clip that Cliff posted? If the Axe matches the amp 100% in terms that no one can tell which is which (and for all practical purposes it would seem to me that it does) this would be a huge step forward

EDIT: Given the number of big name users that rely on the AXE, it would be highly unprofessional to change the sound of the axe simply to change the sound of the axe for his own amusement so would say this speculation is 100% false.
I didn't listen and I don't care... Not relevant to my reply.

I was replying to the specific (and not serious) suggestion that Cliff release an unchanged firmware to see how many people comment on how much better (or worse) it sounds.

Nobody suggested releasing something that was changed and nobody was "speculating"... It was intended as humor.

However, my comment about this idea was serious. It has been mentioned many, many times.

Aside from being more of a social experiment, it would be a complete and utter waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom