Axe-Fx III Factory Presets Release 19.04

Fractal said "no" the last time someone asked.

Updating the presets takes a lot of work, weeks worth, with multiple people working on it. It's not something to be taken on lightly.

Yes, I understand. We do not require preset updates for every firmware. But since FW19 there have been an incredible amount of global changes. I think now is the right time to capture them in updated presets, don’t you think, friends?

Yes, I understand. We do not require preset updates for every firmware. But since FW19 there have been an incredible amount of global changes. I think now is the right time to capture them in updated presets, don’t you think, friends?
I wonder if instead of re-doing all the current presets, there could be an additional "bank" of new ones made available for download which highlights the new amps/dynacabs/FX. Wouldn't even need to be a full bank of 128, unless all the new stuff required that many. It would be cool but totally just icing on the already delicious Fractal cake! :p

I'm afraid that the existence of the FM3 and FM9 makes this even more of a challenge. However, maybe using a programmatic approach would be more manageable. Essentially auto generate a preset for every amp model with default scenes for a dry, wet (chorus + delay + reverb), etc. At that point though, I'm not sure how usable that would be.

Personally I think factory presets are a waste of development time, I would rather get new features or improvements. Making a good sounding preset is very easy these days.

Personally I think factory presets are a waste of development time, I would rather get new features or improvements. Making a good sounding preset is very easy these days.
If they help new users get oriented or find something comfortable for their wheelhouse, I'd say they're a win.
I revisit them myself randomly too, especially if I'm thinking about an amp I haven't done much with recently or ever.

Pardon me in advance for being a little dumb to ask this question but..

If we have been keeping up with all the FW updates, on a semi-older box.. is it still a good idea to bring these updated factory presets to overwrite the current in my system, or are those already updated with the current firmware updates?

Again, apology for the likely stupid question.

Pardon me in advance for being a little dumb to ask this question but..

If we have been keeping up with all the FW updates, on a semi-older box.. is it still a good idea to bring these updated factory presets to overwrite the current in my system, or are those already updated with the current firmware updates?

Again, apology for the likely stupid question.
These are not updated with the firmware so you’ll want to install these in addition to doing firmware updates.

Suggestion: make a Gift of Tone Preset Pack, those are modern (some even use DynaCab) and would really help highlight some of the more recent updates and features for new users.

EDIT: Will add this as a WISH

Back
Top Bottom