Axe-Fx III Cygnus Presets - Banks A & B Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Matt,
On my system, Plex Verb 8x2 preset uses User Cab #19. No need to respond, just an FYI.

You are correct. It also needs a note in scene 8 that this preset is by @2112
Leon, if you'll select a factory cab, I'll fix both of these things.

Thank you for the the LimelighM@ Preset!

Since I've tried it 3 days ago I still haven't moved to other preset, even though I've never played a Rush song before :D

I have even bought the BFD Neil Peart kit, for more fun.

This is my first sketch. A work in progress, I'm still learning to play the song properly:

Hello!
Can I request this preset value?;)
What do you use in this song?
Love it!🙏
Thanks!🙏

At the risk of being the world's biggest asshole...

Why have the presets always sounded so rubbery and buried? They almost make sense when I use my Tele, but with any other guitar, it's just an exercise to get some kinda snap out of any of them. When I try a preset from axe-exchange I get thwacked from the treble.

I dunno.

The FX stuff is stellar tho. I'm sure I'm just stupid.

Why have the presets always sounded so rubbery and buried? They almost make sense when I use my Tele, but with any other guitar, it's just an exercise to get some kinda snap out of any of them. When I try a preset from axe-exchange I get thwacked from the treble.

I dunno.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/why-your-amp-doesnt-sound-like-our-amp.172907/

Maybe similar to this with setup?????

I dunno.

What are you using for monitoring? Your Marshall 9000 or FRFR?

I agree that some presets on Axe-Exchange sound like a can of bees. I am afraid that some fellow players may be losing audition sensitivity at the higher frequencies, and they compensate by thwacking with treble

Last edited:
Probably because different presets were created with different guitars/pickups. If you are using high wind humbuckers & the preset was created with a low wind Strat pickup, then it's not going to be optimised for your guitar.

I would actually love a list of what guitar/pickups were created for what preset. May save some time for users & maybe spare some angst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom