Axe FX III 4-Cable-Method with External Noise Gate Help

Axiom451

Hello

Does anyone here use an external Noise Gate Pedal (Like Fortin Zuul or TC Sentry) doing the 4-Cable-Method with their Axe FX III and can share some infos on the setup?

Need some explanation with:
  • Inputs/Outputs on the Axe FX (what goes where?)
  • Cables to use (TS or TRS?)
  • Send/Return Block Settings in Axe Edit
The Key In Feature on the Fortin Zuul+ Noise Gate requires it to be setup with a 4 Cable Method to an Amp but I find very little info on how to do it with modellers and especially Fractal

Hope anyone can help

I've actually have been considering the same type of set up with my 6505+. I was able to get the axe and 6505 wired up 4CM successfully but with alot of added noise. I am planning on getting humbuster cables for some of the connections but still trying to figure out how to incorporate the noise gate with the 4CM method as well. I basically used the manual to figure out how to wire up the axe fx 4CM but I think it was basically:

• Input 1 on AF3 into guitar
  • Output 3 Left going into input on the amp
  • Fx Send from amp to AF3 Input 3
  • AF3 output 1 Right into Fx Return

On the zuul+, I know top right input goes into FX send of the amp and the top left input of the zuul goes into FX return of the amp and the key input is for your guitar and thru to the front of amp. How to include the two is something I need to test out myself but if anyone has insight please share! I am a big fan of the Zuul+ noise gate.

Back
Top Bottom