Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that you can always roll back to a previous firmware version and older presets, assuming you make backups of everything before installing new firmware and tweaking your presets. Also remember that Facebook groups are seldom a good indicator of how the general public feels or thinks about something.
Sometimes it can be less influenced by the fanboy thing we have in the forum too . I don’t know why I don’t download the beta as I am very hyped with the Cygnus . Maybe i m afraid that I need to redo everything as I have spent millions of hours doing my sounds 😓. If I need to redo everything I prefer to have the final one 😓. Weeks ? Months ? Before the final version ?

So, globally people seems happy with the cygnus beta but I read some people being not so impressed and get back to 15.01
Don’t know what to think
I need to try it myself but I am waiting for the final result, as I don’t want to redo 100 presets to change them every week ...
it’s seems that the high gain amps have not convinced high gain users 🤔 . Strange as we read “chug” for 2 weeks
So don't use it.

So, globally people seems happy with the cygnus beta but I read some people being not so impressed and get back to 15.01
Don’t know what to think
I need to try it myself but I am waiting for the final result, as I don’t want to redo 100 presets to change them every week ...
it’s seems that the high gain amps have not convinced high gain users 🤔 . Strange as we read “chug” for 2 weeks

Huh ? Have you tried the MKIV or Herbie (especially channel 3) ?

Reactions: HIO
@My name is mud Yeah, there is no obligation to play with the beta or install an official release. Or go back and forth as desired.

Normally I wait for things to settle, but the force is strong with this one. I am learning things about my hearing and preferences by going back and forth but it takes time and patience (and risk of accidentally f-ing up ... reduced tho with rigorous backups).

Last edited:
Sometimes it can be less influenced by the fanboy thing we have in the forum too . I don’t know why I don’t download the beta as I am very hyped with the Cygnus . Maybe i m afraid that I need to redo everything as I have spent millions of hours doing my sounds 😓. If I need to redo everything I prefer to have the final one 😓. Weeks ? Months ? Before the final version ?

I just did a full backup and jumped right in. Granted, I didn't spend millions of hours creating my sounds, partly because there haven't been this many hours since the Axe FX III was first introduced, but I found most patches sounded great right out of the gate. My JP2C and Mk IV sounds in particular. I did some minor tweaks and they had more punch, more girth, more chug.

I even bonded with the Archean dialling up Leon's patch which I didn't quite dig before as I felt it was a bit trebly and fizzy...

There's of course no guarantee that you will like it... but if you look at the amount of positive vs negative reactions a statement like "it seems that the high gain amps have not convinced high gain users" just doesn't depict reality here

I just did a full backup and jumped right in. Granted, I didn't spend millions of hours creating my sounds, partly because there haven't been this many hours since the Axe FX III was first introduced, but I found most patches sounded great right out of the gate. My JP2C and Mk IV sounds in particular. I did some minor tweaks and they had more punch, more girth, more chug.

I even bonded with the Archean dialling up Leon's patch which I didn't quite dig before as I felt it was a bit trebly and fizzy...

There's of course no guarantee that you will like it... but if you look at the amount of positive vs negative reactions a statement like "it seems that the high gain amps have not convinced high gain users" just doesn't depict reality here
Most of the positive feedback comes from clean / crunch, classic rock users, where are the metal heads ?😅 . You are lucky if you don’t tweak . In general I play 5 minutes , tweak for an hour , and then play . And this everyday 🤣

Most of the positive feedback comes from clean / crunch, classic rock users, where are the metal heads ?😅 . You are lucky if you don’t tweak . In general I play 5 minutes , tweak for an hour , and then play . And this everyday 🤣

I'm a metalhead and love this beta. I wrote my thoughts on the positive changes earlier in the thread, and I stand by them. I agree that a large percentage of people here seem to be classic rock/blues players, but don't act as if you're speaking on behalf of the metal players.

I’m not English so my words / sentences can be wrong and not very well understood. I just want more metal demos in the end. I am happy with the sound of the 15.01 and it was a very long process to have sounds I like . Well . I just need to wait .

I’m a “metal head“ and while I haven’t loaded the beta, none of the comparisons I have heard so far would be grounds for me not updating to 16.0 out of fear of having to adjust some presets.

Cygnus is demonstrably more accurate. Whether this improved accuracy pleases you or suits your style of music is a different story. For certain genres, perhaps thrash metal for example, the more polished sound of 15.01 may be more desirable for some individuals.
Can we have that as a disclaimer in loading screen? And maybe ask Devin T or someone else with good voice acting skills to make a voiceover?

”Hi, and welcome to the new Cygnus beeeeeeeta firmware...”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom