Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll recheck the model but it should be accurate. If you read reviews of the amp the red channel is polarizing. The blue channel is universally liked, the red channel not so much.
Thank you for your concern. Since Im comparing two firmwares with the same preset, it shouldnt make a difference right. I did soft reset to amp block.

there will be a second beta or the next thing will directly be the final version ?
thank you
....That is a good question to me , knowing if Cygnus will need an other or few Betas ,
There are no or few bugs reported ....
Maybe too much pleasure in playing , discovering Cygnus

Well it’s true that this will change your tones! I have to say after the update I went to my go to Triaxis patch and it got the Elvis face. Much darker sounding. After a little tweaking using a dry track to reamp and compare to the corresponding recorded track, I got in the ballpark.

I’m another one that usually doesn’t notice a lot of difference in firmware updates, but this one is quite different. One thing that really shines IMO is the change in the feel. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday on some different models and “patch from scratch” mode, and this is a stellar improvement in the modeling.

I may roll back for now until I have the time to do the tweaking on all my patches as I think it will be necessary.

Kudos Cliff!

From all the reviews on YouTube it seems that a lot of the 15.01 bloom is gone. But, YouTube manipulates a lot of things and I would love to test cygnus myself with all upcoming updated amps and give my 2 cents about the feel and sound recorded.

All I need to do is to finish my session with 15.01 and then create a preset.

Maybe it’s just me but it think the new Tweed Deluxe is darker and has less high end sizzle than the old one. I’ll have to play with it more. I’m also wondering why there’s a presence knob on the Authentic screen, which also doesn’t seem to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom