Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a ton of Friedman amp knowledge! Thanks so much for sharing! Out of curiosity, how’d you learn so much about Friedman’s?

Thanks buddy.

I owned friedman be50 and be100 dlx and still own JJ 100 with deluxe mod.

I learned all that stuff mostly from Dave info he shared on his forum and social media.66434E46-D4B2-47B0-9340-2692EFF65453.png

Attachments

• CC4383CA-7779-444A-9F48-E1C4883C8EBE.jpeg
    CC4383CA-7779-444A-9F48-E1C4883C8EBE.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • EB90509B-A27F-453F-9DC8-F3A04B49785E.png
    EB90509B-A27F-453F-9DC8-F3A04B49785E.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Who knew! Ha.

When I worked for IBM, we used to get Microsoft's Alpha's (that whole OEM thing.). Talk about crap code.

Anywho, I've given up on all the beta's. I'll hold out for the polished version.
If that was late 80s early 90s, I was a developer at Microsoft. That could’ve been my crap code!
Haha!

Who knew! Ha.

When I worked for IBM, we used to get Microsoft's Alpha's (that whole OEM thing.). Talk about crap code.

Anywho, I've given up on all the beta's. I'll hold out for the polished version.
When I worked for Microsoft, we used to laugh about IBM making more revenue leasing out their vacant office space than they did with their products. 😝

Loving the Cygnus betas; played an actual gig (!) with it two weeks ago. My 2 cents -- the version number should restart like they did with Quantum and Ares. Truly a generational leap forward.

I Haven't tried the new HBE model on cygnus but when I had the be50dlx I thought the HBE channel was really disappointing compared to the BE. It lacked definition and clarity, I would boost the BE channel for leads, sounded way better imo.
Now the smallbox in cygnus is dead on to the real deal.
The BE50dlx HBE channel shares its input stage with the clean channel (Buxom Betty) instead of having its own dedicated input stage in other amps. This compromise results in a much larger cathode degeneration capacitor which add more bass early on. BE50dlx HBE gain stages 2,3,4 go through the regular BE channel as usual. Additionally, the 1st stage anode for the HBE BE50dlx differs also for the clean channels benefit. On my BE50dlx, I find the HBE channel uninspiring for humbuckers, but divine for single coil lead sounds because of this.

I really appreciate you sharing what you know about these amps. I love reading about this kind of stuff!
no problem buddy, I will say that I lost interest in friedmans after I heard cameron ccv models in ax8 a few years ago.

prior to that, I thought that friedman is THAT sound for me.

oh, how I first felt when I heard that ax8 sounding better (imho) than my 4k amps😆

a week ago, I got my ax3 mk2 and first thing first, I dialed cameron ccv, stock settings and just laughted out loudly 🤪

that was moment I realized how great FAS products are.

then I tried my 2nd most beloved amp (herbie 3) - I knew this model sucked big time in ax8🤷‍♂️ (again IMHO) but 15.01 - Oooh, is on par and in some ways even better than my real herbert.

That moment I knew I will just get rid of all my amps.

Btw, if cygnus is even more close to real amps, I’m not sure I want to install it 😃.
I’ve found that somehow I prefer amp sims more now 😃.

I should buy III much sooner :)

The BE50dlx HBE channel shares its input stage with the clean channel (Buxom Betty) instead of having its own dedicated input stage in other amps. This compromise results in a much larger cathode degeneration capacitor which add more bass early on. BE50dlx HBE gain stages 2,3,4 go through the regular BE channel as usual. Additionally, the 1st stage anode for the HBE BE50dlx differs also for the clean channels benefit. On my BE50dlx, I find the HBE channel uninspiring for humbuckers, but divine for single coil lead sounds because of this.

yes, exactly.
classic hbe is just 2 BE together, kinda..

I hated hbe on be50 dlx tbh.

regular be100 hbe ch. was miles better.

Clip below is HBE V3 at stock settings then with the input EQ low cut at 500hz.

You can hear the "fuzzy lows" in the first clip. The second clip lines up more with what I'm used to with that amp model. Feels really good too.

The Smallbox rips on this FW too.

I hear the fuzzy bottom end too in that first one. I like both honestly. What stock presets are these? Are they also stock IR's from those presets? But yeah. I'd say clip two sounds better/ more open overall.

Is anyone experiencing problems with their blocks library in axe edit ?

I've refreshed several times but when I select a delay from my library I get the correct name but it defaults to Analogue Stereo every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom