Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have now played over 100 presets and amp/cabs in hours. Each amp with Cab is as brilliant as the next.
Space, depth, sound character is so coherent and does not let you go.

Cliff hats off that is the hammer.

Super many thanks to you and the team for the great work.

Last edited:
Back in the FW15 days I was just starting to broaden my horizons beyond Marshall and Fender type amps, but with Cygnus I’m right back there again.
Finally managed to pull myself away from the Brit800 Mod today, but never got further than the Plexis (100w jumped and 50w High).

I honestly can’t remember the last time I played guitar with such a feeling of utter joy and a huge smile on my face. Probably when I played live, which is a looooong time. Absolutely loving playing at the minute, every spare minute spent. When I’m not, I’m thinking about what I’ll do when I am.
All thanks to the Axe FX and Cygnus.

Cheers Cliff.

FM3 user here. Told myself FM3 will be just fine and I wouldn’t be too worried about owning the AXE 3. Now hearing Cygnus? Cliff, how about I add you as a beneficiary to my will and make you The Godfather of my child, and you can send me some of that Recto goodness?

Has there always been a presence shift switch in the power amp section?
Previously it was there on amps that had the option (USA Lead, Triaxis, JP2C etc). It’s now an option on every amp model but on models that wouldn’t ordinarily have it, it does nothing. I noticed it on a Dirty Shirley preset so pressed it just to see what would happen, the answer is nothing

You'll find the details in the revision notes when it finally releases, however, the gist of it is, the pre-amp modeling code was rewritten from scratch and resulted in major improvements in the way an amp's sound is rendered. It affects all amps, causing some tweaking but the final output is MUCH more realistic.

This hasn't been updated recently because Cliff is a little busy right now, but it might help...

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amp_modeling_progress#Cygnus
Thanks man🤘

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom