There’s definitely something more refined in the high end to my ears but I’m just listening on my iPhone. I’ll compare myself later this week when my III gets here!

Hmm.

I like the comparison. But (have not looked through all the comments) there seemed to be significant differences between the presets on each. One: I would have liked to get rid of the excessive delay/verb on these as it sort of clouds the issue. Two: It sure felt like the II was dialed in 'stiff' for lack of a better word.

Regardless, in most of them, the III sounded like it had more depth (not ALL of them.)

But it's a fun exercise, so thanks!

Ron

Great demo - thanks for taking the time and effort to post this camilovelandiamusic! :)

There's definitely more happening with the III over the II, certainly enough for me to consider an upgrade....

For me the tones are same,but the Axe III has more dynamics. It's more noticeable at the crunch tones. If you listen on studio monitors,put your hands on the desk,and you will feel the the Axe III's dynamics under your arm. Between 1:44 and 2:00.

I've always thought that my AX8 lacks fullness and low-mid range (I use mostly single coils and low output humbuckers) and been fighting against it since I bought it two years ago, seems that the III solves it. Unfortunately I can't either afford or justify buying one :(

Significantly different from each other. Not sure if parameters are set the same on each patch, but OP did mention there are more active parameters on the III. Listening casually, the III has more low end, more hair and more dynamics across most patches and a few other things going on like more reverb on some patches and sometimes more or less midrange, depends on the amp of course. It's a different animal for sure.

I've always thought that my AX8 lacks fullness and low-mid range (I use mostly single coils and low output humbuckers) and been fighting against it since I bought it two years ago, seems that the III solves it. Unfortunately I can't either afford or justify buying one :(

You may want to change your pickups if you're looking for fullness and more lower mids overall. That's kind of the sound I'm after and I get it with my Axe8 and Axe2xl+ but I rarely use single coils (and when I do they're hotter and noise canceling) and mostly use medium to high output humbuckers.

Try turning up your Dynamic Depth (on the Dynamics tab of the Amp block).

Makes sense that the Axe3 sounds naturally fuller. It is a bigger box. No firmware is going to fix that for the Axe2, anymore than you can make a parlor guitar sound like a dreadnought.

Back
Top Bottom