Axe-FX II Ver 6.0 and the effects on the Human Psyche PART I Cover Bands

Not making the wait any easier!!

I'm playing my Axe-Fx but I can't stop thinking about how its going sound way better soon.

I've never personally tried to re-create the sound of records live.

This is mainly because our lead singers (I sing bkg) and bkgs just aren't off the record so I can't see the extra effort to make the entire arrangement off the record.

For me, it's the attitude and vibe that is important. Is the arrangement / performance killer and working or not?

But, tone matching is interesting because the community can share in the efforts of everyone to push the tone matching block and presets into some really nice places.

Richard

Think positively guys! We got posts from Adam, Scott, Dojo, and s0c9 (who have been semi absent of late :)) all in the same day? They must not be as busy....

:eek:

Short answer long...
George Lynch was definitely one of my if not THE guitar god for me. I bought his pickups, tried his different settings, etc. and was NEVER happy. I finally realized that I actually hated his tone. It was his technique that just floored me (and still does). Back to your question, I seriously doubt I will try and cop the tone another artist had...I don't have their fingers!

While I was reading your post Dojo... my mind was just translating the text as follows... kjoijfk j woij848482984 8*#*$+)* *$))*$U$JJ$ jjfj4fj... maybe once I have the translation protocols in 6.0, I'll be able to understand your lingo... ;)

Just a reminder 95% of tone is in your fingers...play the right notes and the audience will be moderately impressed. ( they really only care if the singer screws up the words)

Also, only guitar players care about your gear. ( I have had a few people ask about my Fractal- oddly enough, Fractal owners!

Tweak less, play more- no excuses!

I'd like to hear more from the other beta testers. What are their thoughts compared to 5.07?

Thanks!
dialing in tones has become a lot quicker, with less need of any advanced parameters, unless you want to mod the tone even further. even dialing in "by eye" is now more possible than ever, due to the way the virtual knobs relate to their original counterparts.

if no further update (regarding the amps) would be released ever again, I'd probably still be more than happy.

Right now I am playing more amps in v6 that I really havent played before before. HiWatt!! OMG!!!!!!!! KILLER TONE!!
The Recto+ HBE+CarolAnn have been my main amps for a while. Even more awesome now....

Sweet! The Hiwatt is my favorite amp, and is my most used on the Axe. Cant wait!!

QUESTIONS? To my fellow Cover/Tribute dudes (& worship dudes)

TONE MATCHING -Will you use this feature live? If you could tone match every tune you play to the original, would you?

If you have some "dialed in" tones that are close enough or better, what has been audience reaction?

If you walked in to your regular gig with v.6 and most of your setlist tone matched, what do you think the audience reaction will be?

yes, ill use it live. And yes, if i could tone match every tune i would. If anything, for my own enjoyment :)

If the drummer and bass player could tone match themselves to each song too, and the sound man could re-do the whole mix and fx for each song, and if the lead singer could be voice matched... Then I might want to tone match every song in the set. Otherwise, It's more important to get a great tone that cuts through and fits into your band's current mix.

It should be a great feature to play with though!

Do you think any artists will stop having just guitar parts in songs to stop tone matching?
Maybe even no longer releasing stems?

I'm GONNA STEAL ALL YOUR TONES!!!!!

I'm looking forward to the new amps more. Pinching tones for covers is just a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom