Axe FX II, TRS cable input

Cem

Experienced
I'm planning to install a LR Baggs Piezo bridge to my Les Paul, and It's going to have a Stereo output jack,

Tip for the electric pickups, ring for the piezo pickup,

So am I able to use any of the inputs of AXE for direct TRS use without splitting the TRS cable going to the axe?

If yes is it the rear input? Since it's written as BALANCED, it should work imho but, let's see :)

I don't think any of the inputs are stereo TRS, but I wouldn't recommend using them anyway as you'll be bypassing the "secret sauce" on the main instrument input.

You need to split the TRS to 2 TS cables to get separate signals into the Axe-fx.

The thing is i don't want to get seperate signals, I want them both in the same time, since I have a selector on the guitar between, Piezo and Magnetics.

The thing is i don't want to get seperate signals, I want them both in the same time, since I have a selector on the guitar between, Piezo and Magnetics.

Then you should have someone sum the signals to mono at the guitar output. If you want the two signals merged then a stereo jack isn't necessary.

I'm not sure how that particular setup but with Parker guitars here is how it works... They have an active mixer/preamp in the guitar so TRS jack with mags on one, piezo on other. They are split if stereo cable plugged into guitar, and summed when mono jack is plugged in ( mags and piezo each have separate volume knobs to adjust as you wish ). You are tied to 9Vs due to this...

Regardless It's really easy just to run into input1 L/R and mix & match however you please within your presets.

Using a stereo jack is optional on every piezo system I've encountered. I have a Graptech Ghost bridge and preamp. The mag pickups are summed with the piezo before going out of the guitar. LR Baggs should be similar, in that you don't have to use a stereo output if you don't want to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom