Axe-Fx II to AX8 CPU question

guitarfreak365

Inspired
I have a axe II right now but I would really like to be able to switch to an Ax8 for portability reasons. I used the usage chart bellow and it says my preset would be at 87% but it seems like the axe8 wouldn't start at 0%. maybe like 10% like the axe II? I also saw that the FW version was 6.01 when this chart was made, which is very old, so I don't know if these percentages would have improved or not. I cant right now but I could upload my preset if someone would be willing to try it out. I'd really like to switch so any help would be much appreciated! :)

Deep Space 22% low res
Md Plate 22% low res

FET Preamp 11%

Digital Mono 08%
Deluxe Mind Guy 08%

Vol/Pan 01%
PEQ 02%
PEQ 02%

Amp 03% (boutique 1)
Cab 04% (stock matchless cab) (been using ultrares. not sure if this is ultrares CPU % or not)
Gate/Exp 04%

=87% on the ax8

http://www.roxxxtar.com/ax8-cpu-usage-chart

I just figured out FraqTool and its so epic! Any way here is the preset. I think it is automatically removing my second reverb block when i transfer the preset from axe II to ax8. So i guess that answers my question. If anyone can confirm i would appropriate it.

Attachments

• ax8test normal res cab(AX8).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
I have an Axe in my home studio. I used to use it for stage performance. I bought the AX8 for portability. No regrets. I had a favorite lead tone that used 2 amps. At first I missed it but then I found other sounds I like just as much. The AX8 is the best gigging tool ever.

Thanks for all the info everyone! Just for my peace of mind would someone be able to load that preset and let me know what CPU its at on the AX8?

Back
Top Bottom