Axe-Fx II: Testify - Stevie Ray Vaughan (FW18 Video)

I confirm that the patch + IR translate extremely well; even with my 311 Euro "Squier 2014 Vintage modified surf strat" :). Ha ha,wonderful !

WTF man... That's so inspiring. Killer playing and tone!!

Maybe i'll even try your patch :)

Thought about it more then once... buuut, I can't sing :( so a tribute act wouldn't be quite correct...
You should start a SRV-Cover Band - you would porobably make a fortune wtht that - absolutly awesome and just like SRV...:eagerness:

You should start a SRV-Cover Band - you would porobably make a fortune wtht that - absolutly awesome and just like SRV...:eagerness:

Thought about it more then once... buuut, I can't sing :( so a tribute act wouldn't be quite correct. Besides, I'm not sure it would be very easy to find drummers or bass players willing to just play SRV music...lol.

Thought about it more then once... buuut, I can't sing :( so a tribute act wouldn't be quite correct. Besides, I'm not sure it would be very easy to find drummers or bass players willing to just play SRV music...lol.

Yeah...same probs here......but don't give up, you got the taste, the timing and the tone! What I called the "three Ts"......the're not many players around who can stand this, especially in the blues territory. Keep it up! :D

Great playing and tone as always man. Any chance you could do an update to your little wing patch? That patch was spot on too and I'd love to check it out on the new firmware.

Great playing and tone as always man. Any chance you could do an update to your little wing patch? That patch was spot on too and I'd love to check it out on the new firmware.

Agreed on the great playing Tyler. I was also wanting to ask about your older Littlewing preset- I still use that one, although modified to some extent and not just for an SRV type sound. I always found your reverb settings interesting in that patch as well. The combined amp models (Super Rev and Vibroverb I think?) were interesting in how you set them as well.

I may revisit it... the key to that patch was a very dirty and dark vibroverb and a very clean and bright super reverb. This was from information that SRV recorded his second album with 2 supers and 2 vibroverbs setup in this similar way. This Testify song was recorded with a vibroverb and a Dumble and no super reverb.

To truly get even closer to his tone, I need some 10" JBLs to capture IRs for the Super reverb amps... And I keep searching for a few JBL E110s but without much luck. Recones sound HORRIBLE.

Agreed on the great playing Tyler. I was also wanting to ask about your older Littlewing preset- I still use that one, although modified to some extent and not just for an SRV type sound. I always found your reverb settings interesting in that patch as well. The combined amp models (Super Rev and Vibroverb I think?) were interesting in how you set them as well.

I use that for my Nintendo and Super nintendo... nothing beats a high quality SMALL Tube TV for those games. Better then Flatscreen, seriously. :)
Haha true!! I used to race in a bigtime league on xbox and we'd all play on old tube tv's. Something about their refresh rate or something made ya automatically QUICKER!!!!!

(*NOTE: this patch includes a new IR capture I made. When I offer these, I make a special mention to pay attention to my "DONATE" button on my website. I give this all away for free, and any generocity is much appreciated.)
done... amazing guitar playing!

I may revisit it... the key to that patch was a very dirty and dark vibroverb and a very clean and bright super reverb. This was from information that SRV recorded his second album with 2 supers and 2 vibroverbs setup in this similar way. This Testify song was recorded with a vibroverb and a Dumble and no super reverb.

To truly get even closer to his tone, I need some 10" JBLs to capture IRs for the Super reverb amps... And I keep searching for a few JBL E110s but without much luck. Recones sound HORRIBLE.

Thanks for the response Tyler. I agree that the IR's are the key and the JBL IR's you've shared in the past were definitely a big part of the sound. I donated to your site long ago just because of the IR's.. best ones I've tried so far for anything JBL. They work really well for me on the bride pickup of my Nocaster into various amp models. I have a '64 Super Reverb that I used for most of my gigging back in the 90's- never tried it w/ any E110's although I always wanted to find some. I never really did the SRV tone with it though- you could get blacklisted playing like SRV in the 90's here in Texas. In fact I used mostly teles and Les Pauls or a PRS back then just to avoid the whole SRV/Strat drama that seemed to be so prevalent at that time. I love that tone and style though...

Nice job on the various clips you've been posting lately. You've got great ears for dialing things in on the Axe.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![emoji2][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom