Axe-Fx II Sighting

I watched a clip of the RUSH induction, when Foo Fighters spoofed 2112 for awhile before RUSH took the stage. There was also an outtro jam with about 20 people on stage and the guitarists took turns solo-ing. I thought Alex Lifeson's guitar tone was the worst out of everyones.

I blame the PALMER direct load boxes he is using for his amps. Maybe it was the TV/Video mix guy's fault, but I would think RUSH's tech's would tightly control what the TV board receives. Still, it could be botched by the TV guy mixing it and messing with the EQ's. But that doesn't explain how much better the other guys' guitars sounded (I mean, if the TV mix guy did not know what he was doing).

I think Al would be better served by greatly simplifying and just using the amps and cabs in the Axe II. I think using the load boxes, sterilizes the tube amps anyways. Unless a person is committed to using an amp with a cab, with a mic, I don't see the reason for running tube amps into load boxes and turning them into overblown distortion pedals.

I think endorsement deals get in the way of doing what is best.

Outstanding endorsement if it comes off.
My hero playing Fractal - better late than never.

I saw Brit Floyd in early October, they were brilliant. Back then he probably still used the Roland and Boss multifx? I really enjoyed the playing, sounds and lightshow. I hope to see them again next year. Earlier I've been to 2 Roger Waters concerts (in the flesh tour) and an Aussie Floyd show.

I've had a few emails with David Gilmour (or his people). There may be some interest there...

I might be able to help with that - I'm related to Phil Manzanera (Roxy Music) who I see every few months or so, he works with Gilmour all the time. In fact I might be going down to the Astoria houseboat/studio at some point early next year, so I'll make sure to try and influence the decision. :p

Not really a sighting as there were no amps onstage, but saw Megadeth at the Warfield, and I understand Dave uses Axe II exclusive on tour these days. The Axe sounded great next to (I believe) Boderick's JVM, and it was an excellent show all around. \m/

Mike

Bobby Harrison demo'd and shared his G System patches on the TC website when he was using it with a Cornford amp. I used the G System at the time and his patches were great. It would be awesome if he would join the forum and share some patches here.

Bobby Harrison demo'd and shared his G System patches on the TC website when he was using it with a Cornford amp. I used the G System at the time and his patches were great. It would be awesome if he would join the forum and share some patches here.

Yes it would be.

Back
Top Bottom