Axe Fx II Shipping Date....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sense of entitlement being demonstrated by some folks here is unreal. This isn't a liver transplant we're talking about.

Available in September, the Fractal Audio Liver! This little reddish-brown has adjustable "filter" effects with parameters that even allow it to respond like a 45-year-old "boozer"! This device also comes with customizable blood types and 50 user blood-ph settings. :lol

On a serious note, I can't think of any other product that will be on the market this SOON after it was announced. From what I've seen, don't products usually go through almost the entire show circuit before they end up in stores?

Can someone point me to, where can I read the "periodic updates" in the future?

It's seem like it's the customers's fault, that they don't read every threads and posts for random "periodic updates" on the forum.
If there was a news page on the official website where the "periodic updates" were posted, not in random threads, it would make everybody's life easier.

tip: make it RSS feed

Last edited:
+1 for common sense here

Burying availability status inside more than one non-sticky thread
or...
Having customers search your profile forum post history for updates
or....
Posting product availability updates in a locked, Cliff-only, top-only, sticky on the main forum and axe-II forum with a mirror of that on main website.

I'd prefer the last one.

Just say to yourself, SERENITY NOW, SERENITY NOW< SERENITY NOW. This should help to get you through the waiting period.

Sure. Click on the user FractalAudio, then click on "Find all posts".

Cliff thank you so much. I know poor feedback and impatience has got to wear you down like no other. For me, I've been waiting with cash in hand for an ULTRA for the last 6 months.... fortunately an opportunity never arrived for me to get it before the Axe II.

My band, One Sun One Moon, has our biggest gig to date coming up. Would love an opportunity to buy one... hopefully within the next couple days. Look who’s playing the 2011 Main Performing Arts Stage

Let me tell you, as much as impatience wears you down... GAS is just as painful!! Thank you for your release time feedback. It really helps me sleep at night... NO JOKE!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!

Few more days. Chassis are in transit. Please be patient and stop criticizing us. We're trying our best and I'm getting tired of all the complaining.

Can you provide the tracking number for those chassis? While you're at it, I'd like you to set up a live webcam of the assembly where we can clearly count exactly the number of units that have been built. Oh, and we'll be monitoring their bathroom breaks so they don't waste a second of precious assembly time. Furthermore, I'm going to need a cup of hot coffee and a nice cheese danish shipped with my Axe II.

:lol

Sorry, some of the comments (especially over at TGP) are just getting plain silly.

- 9 May 2011 -- Fractal Audio announces Axe-Fx II

- "D*rn you, you should have let us know at least a month upfront!"

- *a month passes, Axe-Fx II not shipping yet*

- Axe-Fx II ships to customers

See, Cliff is just doing what many had asked for. :)

I've been giving periodic updates but apparently that isn't often enough for some folks. My advice... relax!

Let's see... You told everyone there was a delay with the chasis and it could be sometime around the 6th. In the meantime Liam, Matt, and yourself have been answering techie questions while the first testers diseminate their clips and views. The Manual (tip of the hat to Matt) gets published. And now on the 6th you tell us it's just a few more days.

You jerk you! ;)

Don't let the whinings of a few sour grapes make any of you think the vast majority of us patrons don't know and appreciate your efforts.

I don't think some people realize how small Fractal is in the grand scheme, or how small most music gear manufacturers are. Trying to get a chassis for a toaster that you're going to get 1 million made for and maybe you can get a date guarantee. Trying to get 1,000 chassis for a piece of audio gear? Good luck with exact dates. I can't count the number of pieces of music gear that were delayed and delayed for various reasons.

I'm waiting with $ in the bank and will be delighted and grateful when I get mine. It is only the fact that people love this line of products so much that has them/us freaking out, so it can only be a good thing for Fractal in the long run.

Mike

Can someone point me to, where can I read the "periodic updates" in the future?

It's seem like it's the customers's fault, that they don't read every threads and posts for random "periodic updates" on the forum.
If there was a news page on the official website where the "periodic updates" were posted, not in random threads, it would make everybody's life easier.

tip: make it RSS feed

+1000

Cliff, to be fair, your "periodic updates" have been buried in threads and have only come after people start clamoring for an update. Delays happen...I think everyone understands that. But the lack of information coming from Fractal, coupled with the misinformation from your official distributor, leads to the confusion. A simple update, even on the Yahoo checkout page, would probably lessen (or perhaps avoid) the uproar. We're all just anxious to plug into this monster known as the Axe Fx II. Besides, impatience is the sincerest form of flattery...err, or something like that.

People that are simply whining because they haven't received their "thing" just have to realize that there are dozens of things beyond the manufacturer's control that can hang up any product release. A delay can be caused by any one of the dozens of parts of the product being late. It can even be something as simple as the shipping boxes or inserts haven't arrived yet.

I've been giving periodic updates but apparently that isn't often enough for some folks. My advice... relax!

Ignore the whiners Cliff. Run your company the way you want to - you don't owe anybody any information about release dates. The updates you've given us have been informative and timely, and it's a shame that some here can't understand that sometimes, the best laid schemes often go awry.

I have a feeling that there are vastly more people (like myself) on here that are waiting patiently and being quiet while you do your work than those who think that you're legally bound to hold yourself and your company to verbal statements which are approximate at best.

No doubt people need to relax. Like I tell my kids on long trips... "We'll get there when we get there."

Cliff, to be fair, your "periodic updates" have been buried in threads and have only come after people start clamoring for an update.

You can search on a member's posts so you can just see what they posted instead of wading through threads looking for them. Just go to his forum profile and select the 'find all posts' link. No wading necessary.

You can search on a member's posts so you can just see what they posted instead of wading through threads looking for them. Just go to his forum profile and select the 'find all posts' link. No wading necessary.

Is that the official method for updates? If so I will link it from my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom