Axe Fx II Shipping Date....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked under my chair and all I found was chewed off fingernails, empty Redbull cans, Duncan Donuts coffee cups and burnt up crack pipes.

From another thread...

We are hoping to have units ready to ship by June 6th. The chassis are way behind schedule. The motherboards are finished and waiting for the chassis.

I was reluctant to respond because people have a way of twisting whatever I say so I will state this "There will be NO guarantees of ANY sort as to availability".

I thought I'd miss the release and have to wait till after my usmle exam on June 6th to buy the axe II. Now it comes out the same day and hopefully will be to my house before my birthday on the 16th!!!

I looked under my chair and all I found was chewed off fingernails, empty Redbull cans, Duncan Donuts coffee cups and burnt up crack pipes.

Thats odd, I look under mine and all I find are x-rays of DSP's.:geek

Attachments

• #206 u52.jpg
    #206 u52.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 104
  • #206 u42.jpg
    #206 u42.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 111
I thought I'd miss the release and have to wait till after my usmle exam on June 6th to buy the axe II. Now it comes out the same day and hopefully will be to my house before my birthday on the 16th!!!

Careful with the expectations there, sir. He said he is HOPING to have units shipping by then. Believe me, I'm just as anxious, but I'm reading that as "Don't expect anything until June 6th".

EVERYONE LOOK UNDER YOUR CHAIRS!!!!!!!!! :)
...and you get a brand new axe fx 2! and YOU get a brand new axe fx 2! and ~YOU~ get a brand new axe fx 2!!!!

ah if only...i wonder if that will even further depress the fair market value of the ultra? ooooo can of worms. *retracted*

June 6th, 'possibly'? Then why put the link in the store?
yeah, a little confused...i guess this is to get it done before they actually show up to prevent further delays and rabid, angry messages to the shop administrator.

poor cliff can never get anything "right" by us.

Last edited:
Thats odd, I look under mine and all I find are x-rays of DSP's.:geek

Hey Liam,
I'm curious, why the need to x-ray the DSP's? Aren't they checked at the factory? What are you looking for? Failures due to the assembly process?

I used to work at Applied Materials in Austin...worked on the Physical Vapor Deposition machines, We had strict guidelines for measuring processed wafers, but I don't ever recall having to X-ray them...even for Intel which had the tightest specs of all our customers...

Just curious!

Brian

Hey Liam,
I'm curious, why the need to x-ray the DSP's? Aren't they checked at the factory? What are you looking for? Failures due to the assembly process?

I used to work at Applied Materials in Austin...worked on the Physical Vapor Deposition machines, We had strict guidelines for measuring processed wafers, but I don't ever recall having to X-ray them...even for Intel which had the tightest specs of all our customers...

Just curious!

Brian

Short of a JTAG boundary scan, it's the only way to determine whether all the BGA solder balls are actually soldered to the PCB pads.

JWW

Hey Liam,

Just curious!

Brian

We x-ray each unit to ensure there is no voiding under the bga’s (ball grid array) At times, when processing such a high technology unit, the balls and the pad on the raw printed circuit board, a small amount of moisture or air can become encapsulates within the solder paste. We use a specific “low void” solder paste formulation, and measure the solder paste height prior to population of the units. These quality control measures make sure there will be no latent defects in the final product. As folks can attest, the units they have been using for years are still going strong. After x-ray we use an ERSA scope to check for cleanliness and complete ball collapse as well.

Definitely appreciate the quality control. It's nice to know not all equipment is pumped out as quickly as possible just to have it sold.

Can't wait for the chassis to arrive and to be able to buy one!

We x-ray each unit to ensure there is no voiding under the bga’s (ball grid array) At times, when processing such a high technology unit, the balls and the pad on the raw printed circuit board, a small amount of moisture or air can become encapsulates within the solder paste. We use a specific “low void” solder paste formulation, and measure the solder paste height prior to population of the units. These quality control measures make sure there will be no latent defects in the final product. As folks can attest, the units they have been using for years are still going strong. After x-ray we use an ERSA scope to check for cleanliness and complete ball collapse as well.
Translation: Liam's a bad-ass precision board-making mo'fo

Translation: Liam's a bad-ass precision board-making mo'fo

Cliff Chase: Bad-Ass precision effects and modeling designer
+
Liam: Bad-Ass precision PCB manufacturer
=
Bad-Ass precision manufactured effects and modeling unit, AKA Axe-Fx II, AKA The Best, AKA DO WANT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom