Axe-Fx II Rig Photos?

No power amp. They're powered monitors. Under the Carvin power conditioner (LOVE the sequential power up/down) is a Funk Logic Digital Dynamicator.

For those not familiar with the Funk Logic stuff, they're just cool looking panels to fill empty rack slots. The knobs have pretty ridiculous labels, making them all the more fun.

Hilarious, we're all going "Whoa, that's cool... WTF is it? :lol

Here's my set up for my AxefxII. I don't do any gigging etc so my "rig" is pretty much just set up for recording and noodling. The Mesa 2x12 out on the landing is for recording so I can isolate it and listen through the monitors.

The gaping hole in my guitar rig is waiting for a Faustine Dx2, coming next month. I'll be doing some serious comparing to see how running the AxefxII through tube power amps and the Faustine compare to the direct tracks. If it isn't an improvement, it will get Ebayed, but I've heard nothing but amazing things about it. ...we'll see.

cheers,
Steve
mmm pr0n :mrgreen

Here's my set up for my AxefxII. I don't do any gigging etc so my "rig" is pretty much just set up for recording and noodling. The Mesa 2x12 out on the landing is for recording so I can isolate it and listen through the monitors.

The gaping hole in my guitar rig is waiting for a Faustine Dx2, coming next month. I'll be doing some serious comparing to see how running the AxefxII through tube power amps and the Faustine compare to the direct tracks. If it isn't an improvement, it will get Ebayed, but I've heard nothing but amazing things about it. ...we'll see.

cheers,
Steve

How does the axe sound with the tannoys? I have the precision 6ds which I think you have also. I also have some adam a7xs. Not sure if I would have my monitors sideways but if it works for you then awesome. Dual concentrics are very cool speakers.

How does the axe sound with the tannoys? I have the precision 6ds which I think you have also. I also have some adam a7xs. Not sure if I would have my monitors sideways but if it works for you then awesome. Dual concentrics are very cool speakers.

I really like the Tannoy's for the Axefx and everything else really. These are the 8D's. They took some getting used to because the bass is very much NOT hyped at all. I'm sure the 6D's are the same way. If something sounds bassy on these monitors, the bass will be ridiculous on most other listening systems. I doubt they'd be popular with the hip hop crowd because the low end just doesn't thump and dominate. It stays nice and tight....like most guitar players like. :)

My current setup: QSC will be replaced by an Atomic 50/50

2011-07-19_16-32-30_936.jpg

2011-07-19_16-34-05_809.jpg

Attachments

• 2011-07-19_16-32-30_936.jpg
    2011-07-19_16-32-30_936.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 2011-07-19_16-34-05_809.jpg
    2011-07-19_16-34-05_809.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

Currently into a Carvin 4x12, or my Mesa 1 x10. Sounds great through both. Eventually will be some sort of lower priced FRFR Monitor, but just can't afford one right now. Need to sell the 4x12 prior to pay for it I think.

p.s. Yes, I would like kicktags, but those are expensive, and I'm broke, so I made these out of magnetic business cards. Have actually re-done since this picture, and re-ordered them. as this was taken for my Ultra (no need for the PEQ's anymore)

I've been struggling to put the amp and Axe on top of the speaker cabinet, while having the cabinet tilted backwards AND being able to read the Axe easily without it falling over.

Solution: a JS-AS100 Amp Stand (£32) to hold the flight case, then tilt the cabinet backwards and hold it in place using velcro. Minimal stage footprint and very secure.

A couple of photos: Pictures by HugoMack - Photobucket

Last edited:
My "downsized" rig as it sits now. Marshall 8008 valvestate poweramp is still in the 6 space rack. Decided to only use the wedges or 4x12's for home practice from now on.
Smallrig.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335903114.343734.jpg

My live setup for now over a marshall v30 and a Roland Jazz Chorus 120. My axe 2 is at home (we still have to get to know eachother better) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom