Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.01 Firmware Release

Genuinely love your work, and appreciate how you just keep on going.
Congrats on being what we wish all our other product manufacturers are.

Look in the dictionary for Benchmark & it says ' See Fractal Audio'

Thanks
Pauly

Thanks Cliff and FAS ! The responsiveness and touch sensibility with amps at the edge of breaking is now absolutely incredible. AC 20, DC 30 and Nuclear Tone sound gorgeous, the way the new speaker comp works is really great.

So sorry for yet another 'reset amp block' question.

I have loads of presets I love that are dialled in for 8.02. If I update to 9.0 or the new beta and DON'T reset the amp blocks in those presets do they stay identical to when I was running 8.02? or does it just get messy?

So sorry for yet another 'reset amp block' question.

I have loads of presets I love that are dialled in for 8.02. If I update to 9.0 or the new beta and DON'T reset the amp blocks in those presets do they stay identical to when I was running 8.02? or does it just get messy?
If you didn't use motor drive in the amp block they'll stay pretty much identical, otherwise no.
No need to reset the amp anyway, just set speaker comp and time constant to your liking.

IT'S THE SPECIAL HALLOWEEN UPDATE EVERYONE!!! Install today and you will start hearing sounds not only from the device, but from your walls.. under your bed..

1yjoag.jpg

I'm considering updating to Q9.01 from Q7.02. I don't normally change anything speaker/motor drive etc, I leave them alone...
With Q9.01, if I wanted to start my presets off as close to where I was in Q7.02, would I have to "re-set" or adjust anything back to a different value? (as in, maybe change the speaker comp value from the default)
Cheers for any help/advice.

Just a heads up on going from Q8 to Q9. I had spent last night going through the Naked Amp presets after upgrading to 9.01 and for each preset I was setting Speaker Comp and Motor Time Const to their new default values. I would then go to the Cab Block and set Motor Drive to zero (which I think causes the Motor Time Const set in the Cab Block to be ignored as well so I didn't touch that) because it seems to be the 'old version of the new thing'. I could be wrong here, maybe Motor Drive in the cab block is actually Speaker Drive in the amp block, I'm not sure, but I digress....

I found leaving the Motor Drive alone in the Cab Block while still setting the Speaker Comp in the amp block are 'two great sounds that sound great together' -Reeses... I don't know if it's right, but it sounds right to me so try a magical blend sometime, some from the amp some from the cab... ENJOY

EDIT: The more I think about this... Motor Drive in the Cab Block; is that Speaker Drive in the Amp Block or Speaker Comp? By name alone I would expect it's Speaker Drive, but I want to make sure... If this is the case, then setting Motor Drive to zero in the cab block, and Speaker Drive and Speaker Comp greater then zero in the amp block, is the new way of doing things, (for FRFR of course) correct??

Last edited:
I'm considering updating to Q9.01 from Q7.02. I don't normally change anything speaker/motor drive etc, I leave them alone...
With Q9.01, if I wanted to start my presets off as close to where I was in Q7.02, would I have to "re-set" or adjust anything back to a different value? (as in, maybe change the speaker comp value from the default)
Cheers for any help/advice.
I would audition one of your presets at typical volume and give the spkr comp a try assuming you are using frfr monitors. It is a big leap forward in my opinion and seems like everyone else mostly agrees. It's easy to try. It's noticeable to me at bedroom volumes, but cranked it is really nice.

I had a ton of fun with Dirty Shirley 2 last night!

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I thought we were getting the Matchless DC30 EF86 channel? Is that still in development? I've never been a Vox guy, but I started messing around with the 12AX7 model during firmware 8.02 and that opened up some new doors for me.

I found leaving the Motor Drive alone in the Cab Block while still setting the Speaker Comp in the amp block are 'two great sounds that sound great together' -Reeses... I don't know if it's right, but it sounds right to me so try a magical blend sometime, some from the amp some from the cab... ENJOY

I just installed and checked this (using head phones) on just one preset so far with a CAE3+ Clean amp. I had MD 0.28 in the cab block. Zeroing this made the sound different and I decided I liked it with some MD int the Cab block - at this preset at least.

Back
Top Bottom