Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Public Beta

LOVIN the new motor drive! It made good IRs sound better and my best IRs sound nothing short of amazing. I tried it with the new OwnHammer Green Vintage Player pack and it's absolutely unreal... Well done!

EDIT: Very cool that we can see the meter as we adjust the drive!

Wow!!! there's definitely some magic with motor drive now. It fattens everything up and smooth's it out yet accents dynamics. It's the missing ingredient I've been looking for in those fat sparkly cleans. Cleans with chorus are to die for now :)

Thanks Cliff!!

My wife knows me as the shadowy figure that disappears into the man cave a lot lately. I'm developing this unnatural bond with my axe - I feel like it "gets" me and we have this connection. If Cliff adds a nice female voice and AI to it - I think it could be true love. Can the AXE3 come in "Ex Machina" form? I/O can be worked out. :)

really?????? I'm not complaining at all, I'm just amazed that this latest update touches on nuances that I have zero ear for. It's incredible to think of how specific these firmware updates get. I don't believe there's any other piece of guitar gear that gets this type of obsessive compulsive attention. I just wish I could appreciate them more. :)

Yeah, that's true. Still, a good optical compressor just has that transparency that I like all the same.
Huh? An optical is all about "character" adding non linearities as in grit and overtones, mosdef not transparency unless it means something different to me.

really?????? I'm not complaining at all, I'm just amazed that this latest update touches on nuances that I have zero ear for. It's incredible to think of how specific these firmware updates get. I don't believe there's any other piece of guitar gear that gets this type of obsessive compulsive attention. I just wish I could appreciate them more. :)
This is why I suspect Cliff chose Fractal as the name. :D

All I know is 7.01 has made everything sound better, to my high gain sensibilities. Im afraid to try another yet. It could also be that I am playing LOUDER, lol.

Scary good. Lol, what Cliff said about it being a gold record in the box, or something along that line; I've just been unable to stop playing for the past several minutes and everything I play is that next "important riff thing to remember". I turned it to 6.5. talk about warming the sound in a pleasing way.

Reactions: trb
Just curious since I haven't yet loaded this FW and I haven't really ever used motor drive: is this effect apparent for clean and edge of breakup tones, or only distorted tones?

Is this going to make a difference to those of us who use non Fractal cabs and don't use Motor drive?

Back
Top Bottom