Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Firmware Release

If some presets are less loud after updating to 7.02 final, check your "pedal comp" blocks (as mentioned in the release notes).
In some case I had to increase the block's Level to compensate (about 2.5 - 3 dB).

From release notes for 7.01:
"Added Input Level switch to Pedal and Optical types in Compressor block.
Use “Instrument” when compressor is placed before Amp block. Use “Line” when compressor is placed after."

Just a lingering question I have. I was using the opt compr before my amp block, and the reduction in volume seemed to be too much. Since I didn't know any better I just tried the Line setting and the volume came back. While I could simply compensate for the loss in volume once I understood what the recommended setting was, it was unexpected.

What's the basic idea why changing the compressor from Instrument to Line increases volume so much? Is it simply a question of the Instrument setting being intended to be driven more hotly?

I knew I was forgetting something:
Cheatsheet Addendum:
The AMP BLOCK motor drive can ONLY be set from the front panel until Axe-Edit is updated.
I could not find Motor drive in amp block of front panel. where is it located?
Thanks

I can not find it can you tell me how to get to it.
Have you loaded firmware Q7.02?

If so, from the front panel, edit the Amp block the use the page-right button until you get PWR DYN page.

You've now asked the same basic question several and been answered each time.

Either you are trolling all of us or perhaps you need to spend some time with the manual to get familiar with the front panel.

Have you loaded firmware Q7.02?

If so, from the front panel, edit the Amp block the use the page-right button until you get PWR DYN page.

You've now asked the same basic question several and been answered each time.

Either you are trolling all of us or perhaps you need to spend some time with the manual to get familiar with the front panel.
I don't see motor drive in PWR DYN, do you call it differently. I see motor drive on cabinet drive. I have FW Q 7.02
Thanks

From release notes for 7.01:
"Added Input Level switch to Pedal and Optical types in Compressor block.
Use “Instrument” when compressor is placed before Amp block. Use “Line” when compressor is placed after."

Just a lingering question I have. I was using the opt compr before my amp block, and the reduction in volume seemed to be too much. Since I didn't know any better I just tried the Line setting and the volume came back. While I could simply compensate for the loss in volume once I understood what the recommended setting was, it was unexpected.

What's the basic idea why changing the compressor from Instrument to Line increases volume so much? Is it simply a question of the Instrument setting being intended to be driven more hotly?

"Instrument" is meant for when the Comp block is before the Amp block, and Line for after the Amp block. Just use Level to compensate for loss of volume.

The line setting has a much higher threshold, so there's not nearly as much gain reduction (if any) in line mode.

Back
Top Bottom