Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.01 Firmware Release

The Fractal Juggernaut - you guys are just unstoppable now! I can't offer much more than Thanks and High Praise.
Can't wait to try the shimmer drive on my U2 presets!.

MK II owners should not have to do anything with deselection/reselection of amp model blocks to get the newest parameters since we don't have previous versions, correct? Am I missing something?

The shimmer pedal is aptly named. In the same way the 808 brings out the mids for single coil pickups this shimmer pedal brings out the top end for humbuckers. If you're playing a humbucker guitar into a Plexi or a JTM-45 or the like, and you need to bring out some highs to cut through, Cliff has a pedal for you... A pedal you didn't know you needed but you will be happy you now have.

Thanks for all that you do FAS, both 7.1 and the new Axe Edit. You guys are the best!

MK II owners should not have to do anything with deselection/reselection of amp model blocks to get the newest parameters since we don't have previous versions, correct? Am I missing something?

Yes you will still need to deselect/reselect if you haven't already for Q7. FYI - Now all AxeFX II models don't have the previous firmware option, it was removed.

Curious: Was there any work done on the CPU issue? I've been running a patch at 93% for the last 20 minutes, Axe Edit running, and no issues at all.

I usually see the crazed behaviour.

No this means there are no more the latest 3 fw versions in the Axe FX I think, which means you can't just switch forward and back to different firmwares while the Axe is being loaded with the latest firmware. I hope this makes sense as this is not my native language.[/QUOTE]

Rock guitar is your native language, BB!

Cliff why do insist on releasing firmware when I'M AT WORK!

Dude... I've been traveling on business starting the day v7.00 dropped! :) Home tonight to install v7.01! I missed an entire firmware in one trip!

I love being an AxeFx owner... FAS kicks ass! :grinning:

Optical seems to be used to enhance without being prominent and transistor unit adding slightly structure or a pumping effect if used quite hard imho. Single Coils have a more percussive Attack in my ears that would benefit from the fast acceleration of that effect.

Yeah, that makes it a great deal more clear, when you note that difference between humbuckers/single coil PUs. But I also think this would be a contextual thing, so thank you guys for clarifying it. Certainly good to have this new optical compression onboard, wow, bargain price too. Please buy some more IR's from the Fractal store. (I love the greens I got when Q7 came out, I think I may need to try the pack referenced a few pages back in this thread...now let me see...)

Wow wow wow - the shimmer drive seems to have a subtle octave up effect as the note sustains . . . almost like a chorus of angels singing behind every note. I'm a huge Fender fan - this drive is my new #1. Seriously - I'm redoing all of my patches with Q7 and this magnificent drive.

Cliff thank you so very much! I can't imagine what else you're cooking up . . . but if you leave it here I'll be happy.

Disconnector

FAS-Class A->Tone Matched[fender amp-jbl 15]->GEQ->multi delay->reverb

After GEQ, I placed the Optical 1 compressor...dialed it back to 2...left everything else and it did exactly what I hoped for. It maintained clarity but added a "cushion" to the tone. In effect it "livened up" what was a fairly static but accurate and clean jazz tone. Son of a gun...Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom