Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

I have been noodlin since 7 , bright and early (can't believe neighbors haven't lynched me yet), but they haven't, I'm very lucky. I just ran through 20 presets, mostly by Fremen, Mark Day, Burg, LM, preset a day guy, and ML (sorry about accurate names), and Latest Quantum beta, and a big smile came over my face, tones were more articulate and harmonic. After sending this, I will explore previously mentioned amps and beyond. S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y is my favorite Day! I should make a rock song out of that...WAIT! I think somebody beat me to it....
Update gets Double Horns!

Would you mind putting links to a few of your favorites now from your testing? For those of us that might have missed them when they were first posted...

A kind request to Fractal (I apologize if this request has already been addressed elsewhere in this thread...I found other examples of my following request, but didn't see an answer):

Is it possible to have the #62 cabinet in its form prior to the Larry Mitchell update included in the firmware? I certainly understand that there are those who are now using LM version and love it; I would never want to take it from them. That being said, the previous incarnation of the #62 is a rather key element to my sound (both live and in recorded form), and I would love to continue using it going forward.

Thank you so very much!

If you are trying to tell me something come out and say it because these cryptic messages are lost on me.

FWIW - I've got a TX Star preset w/ both Clean & Lead Amps .... They sound GREAT to me ... !

That said ..., for quite some time now ..., I haven't been tweaking many ( if any at all ) of the advanced parameters. So when I update the firmware it's been NOTHING but incremental improvements ( YMMV ) ....

I've often wondered if folks are tweaking a lot of the advanced parameters and then when they move to the newest firmware, they wonder "WHY doesn't my preset sound the same ?"

Not saying that's what's happening here, but I always wonder ?

Last edited:
Made a dual TrainWreck patch last night with some Cabir.eu Ir's. Super killer. Could do a whole show with it no problem. I always think the updates sound great. Super stoked to get them and check everything out again. It makes it fun and breathes new life into things. Thanks to Fractal for the gift that keeps on giving. How can people want more than Fractal has already given? And then complain? Come on man. If it's free you can't complain. Cheers to All!!

Is that what a B7K is based on? I know nothing about the pedal. I looked for a schematic for a long time and couldn't find one.

As far as I know there is no relationship whatsoever. I was just taking one sentence of yours out of the context and running with it. IOW, I think it'd be awesome to have the Acoustic 134 model. I don't even know what a B7K is.

As far as I know there is no relationship whatsoever. I was just taking one sentence of yours out of the context and running with it. IOW, I think it'd be awesome to have the Acoustic 134 model. I don't even know what a B7K is.

It's referring to the Darkglass B7k pedal, which is all the rage with bassists nowadays. People pretty much see it as the holy grail to bass anything, like the Dumble of bass, I guess. Only that B7ks are cheap and easy to find. Personally I'm more than happy with my tone through USA Bass 400.

It's referring to the Darkglass B7k pedal, which is all the rage with bassists nowadays. People pretty much see it as the holy grail to bass anything, like the Dumble of bass, I guess. Only that B7ks are cheap and easy to find. Personally I'm more than happy with my tone through USA Bass 400.
I used to own one, but sold it because I felt that it was redundant because of owning the Axe-Fx. If I want to blend in some distortion with my DI bass signal, I usually end using the Recto models...believe it or not. Don't get me wrong. The B7K is a really nice pedal, but it wasn't worth keeping in my opinion.

Buddy of mine had one of these way back in the day. Really nice clean amp. What I mostly remember is how LOUD he would play it :)

Why don't bass players just buy that pedal? It's not that expensive and the real thing has to be better than a model? Seems dumb to me, then again I'm just a guitar player.

Last edited:
Is that what a B7K is based on? I know nothing about the pedal. I looked for a schematic for a long time and couldn't find one.

Hi Cliff,

I've also been scouring the web for a schematic for the Darkglass B3K or the B7K (which appears to be a B3K with more EQ options), with no luck.

However, I was able to find a schematic for the precursor to the B3K, called the Microtubes 2K (attached). It was originally posted here by Douglas, the creator/owner of Darkglass, before he started that company. (Other evidence that this is him here.)

Interestingly, on the schematic it says "3K". I believe the B3K is very similar to this circuit (with the "B" designator indicating the bass version) with a few more switchable EQ elements (which could be covered by the tone and EQ options in an Axe-Fx drive block). The characteristic distortion comes from overdriving CD4049UBE CMOS inverters.

Attachments

• Microtubes 2K Schem.pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 114
  • B3K_top.png
    B3K_top.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 63
  • darkglass_microtubes-b3k-usa_002.jpg
    darkglass_microtubes-b3k-usa_002.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 74
Hi Cliff,

I've also been scouring the web for a schematic for the Darkglass B3K or the B7K (which appears to be a B3K with more EQ options), with no luck.

However, I was able to find a schematic for the precursor to the B3K, called the Microtubes 2K (attached). It was originally posted here by Douglas, the creator/owner of Darkglass, before he started that company. (Other evidence that this is him here.)

Interestingly, on the schematic it says "3K". I believe the B3K is very similar to this circuit (with the "B" designator indicating the bass version) with a few more switchable EQ elements (which could be covered by the tone and EQ options in an Axe-Fx drive block). The characteristic distortion comes from overdriving CD4049UBE CMOS inverters.

Excellent!

It's certainly not a game changer but it's a huge step in a digital modeler vs. a real amp competition.

Back
Top Bottom