Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

Woohoo! I am really digging the new Brit 800 Mod. Any more info on the amp it's based on- Santiago #34? Is this the Slash mod? (I think it it was the Levi mod?) Is it based on a 2203? Whatever it is, me likey....

Yeah, I know. I'm so mis-understood for my taste in digital high gain sounding amp heads. Honestly, it sucks 'cuz I get called a poser, most of the time.
Since you're from the land of beer nog, isn't that supposed to be hoser instead of poser? Or are they interchangeable?

@FractalAudio I noticed that the Pi bias shift parameter now defaults to 0 on the Hipower models while in the first beta it was 83%, is this correct?
Sounds great anyway ;)

Very impressed with this beta. Sounds and feels fantastic.

I like the Dirty Shirley 2 amp model. At default settings, it's already much closer to how I would dial in the regular model.

Woohoo! I am really digging the new Brit 800 Mod. Any more info on the amp it's based on- Santiago #34? Is this the Slash mod? (I think it it was the Levi mod?) Is it based on a 2203? Whatever it is, me likey....
Well, there's a lot of controversy with Slash amps!
Here's some info:
http://www.marshallforum.com/threads/afd-34.25302/
If I understand correctly the real Marshall AFD100 SCE (Special Collectors Edition) has 2 modes:
-AFD mode (Led ON) is a recreation of the SIR #36 used in the AFD recordings: a Marshall believed to be a 1970s Model 1959 Super Lead Plexi Tremolo modded by Frank levi, this mod includes an extra gain preamp stage and master volume. #36 was supposedly the amp that Slash didn't want to return to SIR because it sounded so good.
-#34 mode (led OFF) wich is a recreation of a Frank Levi modded early 80's JCM800 2203 used for the UYI recordings and still owned by Slash
But this words are not set in stone: some people claims that AFD was recorded with SIR #39 instead of #36. Well, #39 is a 1970s Marshall Super Lead (Model 1959T).

Before Q7 we had in our Axe:
-Brit AFS 100 1: Marshall AFD100 SCE in #34 mode (JCM800)
-Brit AFS 100 2: Marshall AFD100 SCE in AFD mode (SLP)
-Brit Super: Marshall JMP 1959T Super Lead modded by Tim Caswell (SIR #39)

Right now...I'm confused!
Doesn't matter: Play your guitar and wet your pants!

This is great your now officially the best Cliff

1,Cliff Chase(2)
2,Cliffs of Dover (1)
3,Cliff Richard (3)
4,Cliffhanger (Re)

wow looks like an epic update! i'm specially looking forward to the JCM800 mod, i'm a huge slash fan! what was the previous jcm800 mod based on?

Before Q7 we had in our Axe:
-Brit AFS 100 1: Marshall AFD100 SCE in #34 mode (JCM800)
-Brit AFS 100 2: Marshall AFD100 SCE in AFD mode (SLP)
-Brit Super: Marshall JMP 1959T Super Lead modded by Tim Caswell (SIR #39)

Right now...I'm confused!

Me too. Brit 800 Mod sounds more refined than Brit AFS 100 1. I can see the familial relationship, but the AFS is the ugly sister.

the hot kitty model RIPS now, so much smoother in the mids and highs and doesnt have the awkward sub low thing going on. the dirty shirley 2 is sick as well, I cant even focus long enough to record what I'm playing (that would involve stopping/not playing...)

Back
Top Bottom