Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Public Beta

i compared the 12aX7A Syl vs 12AX7A jj on my plexi's presets.
IMHO, i prefer 12AX7A jj modelisation for the notes separations on solos.
12AX7A Syl sound more smooth and overdriven than JJ
i need to continue to tweak again on my drive-MV to dig it again o_O

But..
Let's choose what amp, cab, put in ....and put all the amp in a separate folder with the new firmware?
It's simple..
Many many many free space in the FX2..

Liking the recent attention to other blocks besides the amp block too. Drives are awesome now and I can't say I noticed much change in the Wah. Maybe more time will tell. Subtle FW update imo.

i compared the 12aX7A Syl vs 12AX7A jj on my plexi's presets.

Use what sounds best to you. That's why we give you the option. What sounds best to me/us may be different. These are called "opinions" (as opposed to truths).

comparing 12aX7A Syl vs 12AX7A jj on my plexi's presets.
Use what sounds best to you. That's why we give you the option. What sounds best to me/us may be different. These are called "opinions" (as opposed to truths).
i know that Cliff, no pb. it's just my objective feedback on the both tubes modelisation for this public beta fw. thanks again

I'm curious to hear more about the wah update as well.. (MK I User here, so can't try for myself).

I still use one of a few different real wah pedals I own in front of the Axe as I've not been able to replicate them using the models.

Last edited:
Wow! Really love the Sylvania 12AX7A, and has anyone tried the Solo 88 with the new tonestack? That sucker is MEAN!

WOW I read all 10 pages looking for some comments on the wah. Instead it is almost all people talking about the MK1/2 issue even after Cliff said to take that convo to another thread smh

Hello. Can someone please save the blocks for the effects used and share to us who only have FX8. Please please
That's not how it works. This isn't an update that you can obtain by using block setting files. You need to wait for the firmware changes to be ported the FX8 and released as a firmware update for the FX8.

Mark I owner. Would love to see 6.0 and old firmwares deleted.

Why would any Mark I owner choose the end of the road just so that other people can't have 6.0?

Back
Top Bottom