Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Firmware Released

Amazing output of great product ... thank you!

Is there any difference in this code versus the beta (for xl+)?

I ask because the file names are the same.

Last edited:
just fired up after updating and wow, I'm really liking what it's done with my main rhythm patch. The low mids on it had a kind of congested sound when my volume was all the way open but now its like I fed it some benadryll or something. I was also a little upset that the 12ax7B tube option was gone initially, having played through both I realize it was for the better. Both have a great flavor and to my ears are a nice improvement over both the 12ax7 options before. All we need now is that Model T er....model haha

I'm a tone explanation idiot, but the Wah seems more vowely in the highs, or more power in the highs.

All I know is the wah sounds better, and when you play mostly Satriani, every other song uses the wah.

Thanks for bringing it to the MKII.

-cp

It's also listening to the people who purchase new equipment that keep the company going...many of us like the modeling options. Don't mistake our relative quietness for agreement (the recent election showed you how wrong making that mistake can be!) with the MK II customers' screams of "they don't need it!"
As a MkII owner I am extremely grateful to Cliff for this. I have continued to support Fractal over the years having purchased every cab pack, Cablab etc. So it's not as if MkII owners have not continued to help the company. So let's not descend to a comparison as to who are the greater supporters as if purchasers of the later versions are more supportive. Just saying. We are all loyal customers.

Also a Mark I owner (for the time being). And I could not be more grateful, and I imagine you and a bunch of guys must have pulled an all-nighter, and if so, do get some R&R immediately. Your health is paramount to us!

I had carpal tunnel symptoms for years. Turned out it was an issue with C6-C7 in the spine, pushing the nerve that goes down to the hands. It worths to checkout a Gonstead chiropractor. It helped me!!

Thank you and get well soon™ !!
I work at a medical group with chiros who do this and other techniques, and an MD who believes in complementary wellness approaches. For me, in addition to being sure that proper neck curve and its vertebrae alignment are both cared for (not to mention sufficient dietary magnesium), it helps me to know just how to release the 'acid build-up' using extremely deep pressure on the ligaments throughout the arm. It seems that after 15-20 minutes of such deep work (which inevitably shows up a stripe of reddish hue right over the ligament)...., the next day the ligament is much looser. Check it out. Generally speaking for me (and I'm no doctor myself) I've found that with looser ligaments its more difficult to cause the tissue pressure on the nerve. If I can't afford the time or $ to get this deep tissue work, I'm always pressing on the ligaments and ulnar area to keep getting back to this softness. I've been told that the red stripe is acid working its way into the bloodstream to be eliminated. That could be erroneous, but it does make sense to me, and the results certainly feel right.

Last edited:
Never, never, ever, think that Mr. Cliff Chase won't come through. If there is a solution, he will find it. If one doesn't exist, he will invent one.

All good things will run their course, but got to say hats off and a huge thanks to Cliff for bringing the Mk1/II back from the 'dead' again. Like many of stated previously, I'd be able to happily enjoy mine "as is", but at the same time, I do love me so wah, so I've got a pretty big grin on my face at being able to load Q6.0 on my MKI, because I was pretty much thinking 5.03 was the end of the road.

What a nice surprise! Yesterday I read the beta version info from Cliff, informing it wouldn't fit in the I/II, and I almost didn't bother opening the real deal believing it wasn't going to work in my unit. Luckily I decided to take a quick scan, basically to see what XL & XL+ users were saying. Like many before me, thank you so much Cliff and team! Quantum 6.0 sounds and plays wonderfully! Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Lee

18-07-2016-Torch-Relay-thumbnail_zpssqztmpdj.jpg

The flame still burns. :)

Back
Top Bottom