Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Public Beta

You can just select the 4.0 modeling version on it in the 5 beta.

The problem is I have the Preamp Tube Type in the Amp block changed in all my patches (most of which use the IIC++ amp sim), and that parameter reverts to default whenever you load new firmware that has changes to the modeling, or even when you just select a different modeling version. So I'm not going to go through all those patches and change the preamp tube modeling back to my preferred type, when I know I'm going to have to do it all again when the official firmware is released.

Can't update until late tonight or tomorrow but was wondering about some of the comments regarding the Mesa Mark amps.

Is/was there an issue ?

Great update!
The Rectos are amazing!
I enjoyed the previous versions too but they really are better now!

Rectos are killer! Just edited a patch with both the red and orange for vintage and modern (x/y), across 5 scenes. Lead channel is a two amp combo of red m & v.:D

Great w/808 or FAS boost or superOD.

OK, back to playing…

Not sure what to make of Recto 2 Modern in this version. Sounds a little bit more defined but also has a bit less bite due to the preamp bias level, I'm guessing. I have to use more gain to get the same amount of bite, not a big deal though.

Amazing work fellas at FAS - and thank you for taking consideration of the requests of the Mark I and II brigade (of which I am one). My Axe is currently beyond reach and will be for a while but I am so excited at the prospect of playing Q5 once I get access again - I cannot wait!

Cheers Cliff, Matt et al. You rock ;-)

So this is bad.

It's bad in the sense our updates are coming to a halt, but let's appreciate what we have.
Not sure what to make of Recto 2 Modern in this version. Sounds a little bit more defined but also has a bit less bite due to the preamp bias level, I'm guessing. I have to use more gain to get the same amount of bite, not a big deal though.

More definition is something I've always wanted out of Rectos. I'll be giving it a go in about an hour. Still can't seem to let go of the Cameron CCV. May be my personal favorite.

Thanks Cliff. What i've noticed, small box, recto patches have less gain. another notch or two on the input trim fixes, takes 2 seconds. It's doing something in the upper mids in the small box. Hard to describe, forced to say i'd say, less harsh, more pleasing so far.

It's bad in the sense our updates are coming to a halt, but let's appreciate what we have.

More definition is something I've always wanted out of Rectos. I'll be giving it a go in about an hour. Still can't seem to let go of the Cameron CCV. May be my personal favorite.

I only play Rectos, and I'll keep the bass at 5 or so but turn on Cut along with a TS-808 in front and it's super tight and aggressive. Put Master Volume at 2.5 and speaker resonance at 3 and you'll be in heaven.

Thanks Cliff and co for all your hard work. The revolutionary black box! Cant wait to get a AX8 soon. Such a great company!!!

Thanks Cliff. What i've noticed, small box, recto patches have less gain. another notch or two on the input trim fixes, takes 2 seconds. It's doing something in the upper mids in the small box. Hard to describe, forced to say i'd say, less harsh, more pleasing so far.
Looking forward to getting Q5 on the AX8. That pretty much describes the, albeit small, difference I hear now between the model and my real Smallbox. The highs or upper mids aren't quite as sweet sounding as the real thing.

This awesome. I landed on my RV50 patch and its glorious.

Is there a way to get all my patches to be the latest FW or do I need to go in each one and change them. Some have it that way and others don't.

Actually no. The new modeling stuff pushed it over the limit. The Mark I/II build ended up being several thousand words larger than would fit in the bootrom.
Cliff I am still in Update Heaven. I did not update to the 4.01 beta so not sure how it's improved since that version but the drive blocks are so freaking sweet bro compared to 4.0, like killer good. Everyone needs to keep in mind, Cliff had to take time out of his life to think and ponder how if possible to make this work, he seriously should be praised for bringing us all together like he has. We are blessed to have him. I will be having some beers tonight in your honor Cliff thank you.

Back
Top Bottom