Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Firmware Released

In models that use cathode followers this results in warmer distortion with smoother decay.

Can someone identify the amps that have cathode followers? Or is it a type of amp, or all amps with tone stacks? I tried to educate myself but it wasn't obvious to me which amps are affected by this update.

Last edited:
Can someone identify the amps that have cathode followers? Or is it a type of amp, or all amps with tone stacks? I tried to educate myself but it wasn't obvious to me which amps are affected by this update.
I don't know if there is a list, but, (& I think this is the way to tell, anyone chime in to correct me if I'm wrong) if you go to the Preamp Page on the Amp Block & see the "CF Comp" value at 0.00% it is a NON Cathode Follower Amp.
Fwiw, I personally like to a lot of times bring this up to 70-75% as it adds some slight compression to the preamp smoothing out the gain,& add sustain without compromising touch sensitivity too drastically. Ymmv

I'm very much torn between updating now, or waiting for 5.1.....

If you have Marshall presets, and are familiar with your own Marshall style amps, this is a "must install"...

I seriously a had Chaseian epiphany when I first installed it and surmised "he got it".

Okay, 5.01 is just stupid good sounding. I can't believe how much difference that little fix made. Depends on the model to some degree but the Rectos chug and the Marshalls purr and kerannggg. A/B'ing with Q4.xx and it's subtle but obvious. 4.xx goes shhhhzzzzzz while 5.01 goes grrrrrrrrrrr.

That's Grrrrrrrrrrreat!!! can't wait to experience it!!

Man I know we have no schematics but the one I would love to have is the Archon
Hell I even emailed the designer Brandon
Who no longer is at PRS to get him
To contact Cliff

In this universe, all things are bound by the laws of physics. For example, Einstein theorized we can never exceed the speed of light. It is an asymptote we can approach, but never cross.

Quantum Entanglement from wiki: Recent experiments have measured entangled particles within less than one hundredth of a percent of the travel time of light between them. According to the formalism of quantum theory, the effect of measurement happens instantly.

Quantum Entanglement version from FAS: Fingers and tones become so intertwined that you can't put your guitar down.

Question: Will the bass amps also be improved with this latest round of updates? I may have to try the Axe FX for bass again!

Thanks
Pauly

Okay, 5.01 is just stupid good sounding. I can't believe how much difference that little fix made. Depends on the model to some degree but the Rectos chug and the Marshalls purr and kerannggg. A/B'ing with Q4.xx and it's subtle but obvious. 4.xx goes shhhhzzzzzz while 5.01 goes grrrrrrrrrrr.

I never really liked the Brit JVM models but in 5.01 they're addictive. Pick squeaks and pinch harmonics just jump off the fretboard.

Back
Top Bottom